Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change

Latest news here from South Australia.
    A very large international company, the biggest of it's kind according to the report, is to invest in a massive 300Mgw solar and wind factory.
    They claim this country is the best to invest such items in.

The state gov are all in favor as the current wires and towers are in need of repair and are not consistent enough for all the renewable energy they now carry. But the gov is happy, it will not cost them anything.

The more the debater continues the more I am inclined to consider the whole argument to be more about the dollar than the climate.

They talk of climate change but as yet I have not heard into what kit will change.
    Will the temperate zones become tropical, and if so what then for the tropical zones???

The other thing that is in my mind odd is the 30,000 scientists who signed the first declaration on this, apparently some 95% were employed by government agencies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 15th November 2019 at 05:21 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Remember David Bellamy the well known Botanist, he was shunned by all the TV channels because he dared to disagree with climate change.
    He said in the last 30 years crop sizes had increased due to the extra co2.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A lovely man ,he had a cracking programme on tv used to get up to all sorts explaining wildlife can't for the life of me what it was called.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I watched a program on TV last night, and I couldn't have agreed more with it's contents. White man has been in Aus for a few hundred years the Aboriginals for thousands. This Aboriginal who works for the Parks and Wildlife, was taking the TV Cameras around the bush and showing them how Aboriginals used to burn the undergrowth in the bush, and how when there were lightening strikes they would set a fire to burn back and stop the fire.
    No one listens or asks them how to do it, no consultation whatsoever. The fires now raging are mostly the result of fire bugs, there have been no lightening strikes, if the undergrowth in bush had been burnt in the old ways over the years we have lived here the bush fire emergencies would have been very few.
    Another thing I found out, the pink stuff that those planes drop is a type of fertilizer, help the bush grow faster maybe.

Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bellamy told it as it is regarding water levels around some of the small islands in south seas who say their islands are sinking.
    He claims, and it makes sense, the fresh water tables below the surface have been drained so low as to give the appearance the islands are sinking.
    They also produce all their power from diesel generators.

AS to the Abbos burning off, we still do in some areas to reduce fuel levels.
    But in many areas controlled by 'Green' councils this does not occur as they will not allow it.

White man. can we still call them that, still has a lot to learn when it comes to land management.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well lads you all seem to have all the answers as to the unpredictable weather extremes the planet is experiencing, As for social media I don't other than this forum indulge in any of it a tweet to me is what comes out of a budgie cage, Face book / Instagram / I don't indulge in what I do see is what is actual evidence and consequence. The world news, I remember David Bellamy very well I also found him very informative. I share and take in all your theory's and belief's. And will leave you with this my last thought on the subject All these Scientists cant all be wrong and I don't believe for one minute they are trying to make a name for themselves.
    Since 1970, the oceans have absorbed more than 90% of the extra heat that's come about through global warming. If they hadn't taken in that warming, the surface of the planet would have been devastated by excess heating.
    All this absorption has come at a price, though. Our seas are now warmer, less salty and more acidic as a result.
    "The reality is that we have been quietly reliant on the ocean to do these things, but there comes a point where the ocean changes because of the scale of what we are doing," Prof Dan Laffoley, from the International Union to Conserve Nature, told BBC News. Regards lads Terry.
    {terry scouse}

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dave moore View Post
    A lovely man ,he had a cracking programme on tv used to get up to all sorts explaining wildlife can't for the life of me what it was called.
    Dave remember this...………………. Bellamy's first work in a scientific environment was as a laboratory assistant at Ewell Technical College before he studied for his BSc at Chelsea. In 1960 he became a lecturer in the Botany department of Durham University. The work that brought him to public prominence was his environmental consultancy on the Torrey Canyon oil spill in 1967, about which he wrote a paper in the leading scientific journal,
    {terry scouse}

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, here's my thoughts on the subject for what it's worth, the governments of the day will invent another tax to control the carbon im missions etc, and if I remember correctly we have all been paying a surcharge for our airline flights for years, on the grounds of pollution, what has that money been spent on??, and any taxes we pay in future will disappear in the same way. I do know in my area, we had snow every winter, not large amounts, but every winter, now we regularly go through winters without seeing any, so that must mean, to me, the temperature is warmer, the big question is what can man do about it ??, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith, That's a very important point which you don't have to rely on anyone informing you of its the country over we haven't seen snow fall on Merseyside for years not the type we used to get when I was a schoolkid, Those cold wintery days killed off a lot of vermin such as the ever increasing rat population in Britain, An increase that none of us want. Interesting thread lads keep it going but right now I am about to shower and make my way into Liverpool City centre with my wife and youngest son and his girlfriend for a good nose bag and celebrate his birthday take care all good night don't let the bed bugs bite...……………………….. Its warm enough for them to feed Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Regarding the warming of the earth. so far there have been over 3,000 Nuclear Bomb tests.most up to 5,000 times more powerful than Hiroshima.
    The tremendous heat from these tests really does affect the climate. also people, with radiation, death and babies born deformed., this happened in Tahiti when the French tested 215 Nuclear bombs, they have killed many Tahitians and hundreds of deformed babies. The sea was poisoned, the fish was poisoned and then the Tahitians.
    also the thump of a big nuclear explosion does knock the earths orbit a little.
    The undersea explosions heat up the seas and turn it into steam and boiling water.

So because of all this, they make me pay £273 green Tax on my little car that only does 2,000 miles a year.

14. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast