Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change

My Wife's Idea is that every single climate change demonstrator on the planet plant ten trees each. That should fix things.
    Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A report put out by a guy by the name of Buchal, reportedly a German scientist.

The battery pack for a Tesla Model 3 pollutes the climate with some 11 to 15 tonnes of Co2. .
    Each battery pack has a life span of approximately ten years with total mileage of about 94,000, would mean 73 to 98 grams of Co2 per kilometer ,116 to 156 grams per mile,.
    Add this to the Co2 emissions of the electricity from power plants that power such vehicles and the actual Tesla emissions total could be between 156 to 180 grams per kilometer.

Unless perpetual power can be developed there will always be a cost associated with any form of fuel for any vehicle.

To produce solar panels and all the equipment required to go with them, the building of wind turbines and any other form of power generation will require an initial source of power.

There is talk that in about ten years time the production of steel may be possible using Hydrogen rather than coal, but ten years is along time.

Dyson has pulled out of his electric car development as he realizes the cost would make the final product too expensive to be a realistic viability.

I have no doubt there is some change in conditions in the Artic region, but that appears to be the only region the scientist quote on.
    Very little about the Antartic, where last year NZ scientists declared that the southern ice shelf was wider, deeper and large than ever recorded.

On a lighter note we had, as many did, the climate demonstators some of who super glued their hands to the road.
    Police unglued them and took them away.
    One reporter was heard to say, 'just leave them there they can be used as speed humps'.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I live at the edge of a little Forest, some of the trees lean over my garden as they are over 100 feet tall, It contains Deers , Foxes, Hedgehogs, rabbits, Squirrels, 28 varieties of birds,
    A `Developer has applied to cut it all down and build a load of Houses. and has applied for planning permission.
    I have lived here for 56 years, that is why I like it here, Most of my neighbours are from the Khyber regions and are not bothered as it is more houses for their relatives to come and live here.

It is difficult to get a petition going, I have protested.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 11th October 2019 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They could save thousands of trees by not putting glossy flyers in every magazine and newspaper that is in the news stands, the only magazine i buy is the radio times, and the only newspaper is my local weekly rag, ever week i pick up both items, shake the flyers out, and straight in to the reclaim bin. Just think or the energy and effort put into those flyers, and i would bet 99% go unread, so it must be a tax break for the companies, so stop the tax allowance, and leave the trees to get on with their job for us, rant over kt
    R689823

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Most newspapers have on line editions now hence paperless.

The paper versions will go eventually and save some trees.

K.

6. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of those extinction rebellion protestors was interviewed by the news channel and asked where she came from. Her reply was she was from Hull, when asked how did she get to London from Hull her reply was she drove down in her diesel fuelled van!!!
    Make what you want of that.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is great play on the youngsters at schools and the climate change, that is good that they are aware and seeking information, but no one has asked them what they are prepared to forgo ?, are they prepared to ease back on the well known brands of shoes and clothes being produced by 3rd world countries, are they prepared to not have the latest mobile phone?, or stop drinking fizzy drinks etc. For things to change they must be prepared to give something up, i just wonder what that will be ??kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    There is great play on the youngsters at schools and the climate change, that is good that they are aware and seeking information, but no one has asked them what they are prepared to forgo ?, are they prepared to ease back on the well known brands of shoes and clothes being produced by 3rd world countries, are they prepared to not have the latest mobile phone?, or stop drinking fizzy drinks etc. For things to change they must be prepared to give something up, i just wonder what that will be ??kt
    maybe if they drank more fizzy drinks it would use up some of the CO2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Moss View Post
    What a good idea, something constructive and positive. Replace all those trees being destroyed to plant palm oil trees. When do we start, I"ll plant 10 now.
    Hi Victoria.
    My wife has six little plants waiting for the weather to warm up, we have gone back to winter here 2 last night.
    Des

11. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Victoria, similar here, we have a large suburban block of about 900 meters.
    All manner of birds come to us as we put out food, we habd feed a couple of Magpies and in the summer when my fruit trees are in full swing the Green Parrots and \rainbow |Loreketes have a field day.

But as to the Climate Demonstrators.
    There is often unintended consequences, first quoted by John Locke in 1672, refers to unexpected drawbacks and perverse results contrary to what was originally intended.
    If the demonstrators followed through on their intent it could well bring about the end of western civilization as we know it.

The rise in living standards of the west have come about over the last three centuries by the using of fossil fuels.
    This underpins the society that many third world countries aspire to, follow through with their concepts and the western society would fall to that of the current third world.
    They fail to understand the consequences of their shallow thinking on this matter.
    While at the same time going home in their diesel fueled vehicles, using the mobile phone, watching TV on the 70 inch plasma smart TV and flying across the globe for pleasure.

The unintended consequences will come back to bit them on the rear end.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast