I Know A Song That WILL Get On Your Nerves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd4W...t=41&t=44&t=41

2. Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: It's a small world.

Yes it sure is a small world in 1945 I was on a T124T rescetug and was buddies witha Callum McCallum from Stornaway.
    The3 in 1952 I was in Melbourne and whilst waiting at a Crosswalk I spotted this blode guy also waiting . Sheesh we met in the middle of the street cars honking horns as we hugged each other. We hightailed it to a bar for a great reunion

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A shipmate of mine said he was in Buenos Aires and was walking upstairs in a Brothel when he bumped into his Dad coming down.
    He hadn't seen him for a couple of years with both being away at sea, His Dad made him promise not to tell Mother.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My Father Luke Daglish was on the Rescue tugs during the war. He was on the Reward, Eminent, Nimble and Mindful. All up
    he spent nearly 30 years at sea.. I myself spent 15. All the best .

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Evan Lewis, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Similar story Capt
    As my late Parents were divorced my late Father went overseas at some stage ,and we did not see him for a long time in fact quite a few Years.
    Anyway after joining the Merchant Navy (From Cape Town) sailed to Tilbury Docks KG5 on first trip and as I have told before what an exciting time for me.
    Anyway I then decided to join the Mail Boat Run from Southampton,so down I went to join the Winchester Castle.
    Anyway not to make this too long before reporting aboard I had a bit of time ,so decided to go for a Pint in the Local Pub it was one that was not too far from the Docks (Name eludes me now )
    So in I strut and goes to the Bar to order a nice Pint of Black and Tan (Was then one of my favourites) ,well what a Shock!
    I could not believe my Eyes for there standing in front of me waiting to take my order was non other than Ian! Yes my old Pop
    Need I say more,that lead to a great Reunion and a lot of talk, unfortunately I had a Ship to join so the time was not even a fraction enough.
    But at least I had met and found him again,we quickly exchanged Contact details and on my return from that trip we did again meet up and had a long Two Weeks together! What a happy time .
    Cheers

Just throwing this in for interest sake naught todo with my experience with Dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhLnXfM6SIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbYSUgBGZws
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 12th August 2019 at 12:11 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Great videos Vernon, but one thing missing, well maybe more than one such as the 'gate' payment to get out with 'gear'.
    Or how Whisky could be obtained without opening the box!!!!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes Doc Vernon, Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was the Radio Officer on a small ship 510 ton sailing between New York and up the Amazon River to Iquitos, We were in Barbados berthed next to HMS Devonshire.
    I walking ashore and as I passed the Devonshire I was hailed. I looked across and there was one of my best mates from school. He invited me on board to the artificer mess. We were sitting chatting about our adventures when a junior officer came in and told me to get off the ship as I was an undesirable. I was wearing my British Merchant Navy uniform. I asked when was it that the British merchant Navy became undesirables. I then retorted that I didn't want the Captain to desire me anyway. He departed quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2