Page 65 of 161 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Ship

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Den. Since joining this Tub, I have had trouble with the oil burning stoves, now come on this is 2009, how am I expected to get up at 0500 and get this galley going ready for the lads breaskfast at 0600, also the bread has to be baked, any chance of a hand in the galley?? I think that the Union should be contacted, I have had a talk with the Chief Steward and the Old Man but no joy. I still applied as a Second Steward, ( this happens to me all of the time ).........Terry

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry, Speaking from first hand experance. It's no use talking to the chief steward or old man. Also forget the union. You just have to do it all yourself.
    Maybe you could bribe the Taffy Witches to light the stove. They are always wandering around the ship half the night, doing what ever they do? I know for sure they are open to bribes. The odd bottle of 8 bell rum works like a charm. Bit of a wase on them, as they are only used to their home brew. but what the hell.
    From what i see aboard this ship, the Galley crew are the only ones who do anything.
    God knows where we are, or who is on the wheel. Havent heard from anyone below either!
    Hang in there Terry, it can only get better, as I believe were the last words of Capt. Smith aboard the Titanic.
    Den.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Terry.
    Its no good asking anybody about the stoves, i dont think they even know what they look like. As weve had more cooks than weve had hot meals, and thats no joke!!!. Talk about a bum feeder, thats why we have the Calderon . always agood fed in there
    taffy 1eye
    KISS.keep it simple stupid

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A good feed in the cauldron, eye of newt, leg of frog, that was the last things I heard of in the cauldron and it was up on the heath waiting for Macbeth, who knows where it has been since???????????????
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Brekkies

Why is Terry cppking breakfast for 0600 hrs? Hasn't anyone told him we only do 'Brunch' between 1100-- 1400 hrs? Main meal is at 1900 hrs and consists of what you can get. It usually is curry, Boston baked beans or that dish Vernon so keen on the one with the funny name, dish that is not Vernon.
    Taffy lleave your two welcomed offerings at the galley door, I'm sure Den and Terry can make use of them. Me as galley boy not allowed such staples as according to the medical associations, having too much sex between 20 and 40 can bugger up your prostate so I'm pretending I'm still a boy and be celibate until I reach 40 and a 1/2 just to be sure . Mike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The Ship

Hi Shipmates again. Seeing that I am still chained to the Galley, what about a picture of the M.V. Virtual Ship, as I want to send it home to my parents, ( bless there hearts, both have passed away ). Whats this about the rest of the crew spending time in there bunks and me back in the galley sweating over a hot range, and where is our next port? ( I don't belive I am writing this ).Well back to the stock pot.....where is Den when you want him?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Den's whereabouts

Terry. Look for the nearest Vat of 16B's and you will either find Den by it or in it. I think he is trying to tenderise his liver. Keep a good weather eye out for the Taffia alias the Welsh witches federation. Do not I repeat do not sup or eat anything from their cauldron. You will usually find them on the fore deck limbs displayed and dressed as nature intended. Try not to be influenced by these strange peoples from the west of the Island . Their land starts just above the Welsh Channel ( I can't believe I wrote that) I mean the Bristol channel. They will try and tempt you with tasty morsels of flesh and if your not careful you may fail in your good intentions and get caught just like I was. There i was one minute a carefree drunken seaman. Next thing I know it's 'sign this she's yours so keep her to the way she's accustomed', and so its been for the last 48 yrs. Even bloody Atlas would of failed this task. SO TERRY GO VERY VERY CAREFUL IF YOU SHOULD VISIT THE FORE DECK. I like the cut of your jib lad and wounldn't like to see any fine upright lad like yourself captured like was I. Mike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default For Terry

P.S. You can usually recognise them as they also fly a BIG RED DRAGON. IN FACT I THINK IT'S ONE OF THEIR MOTHER IN LAWS. Mike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool Welsh Witches

Hi Michael. I show no fear of the Welsh Witches as I am half Welsh myself, Daddy came from Cardiff. so I have some Celtic blood in me. Still I will keep an eye out ( I sound like Nelson ). still getting back to the matter in hand..."Where is Den"? I have been on my own for the last day and night and I need some help in trhe galley, if he is flaked out somewhere, will someone find him and point him back to the Galley. Take care....Terry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Wilcox View Post
    Hi Shipmates again. Seeing that I am still chained to the Galley, what about a picture of the M.V. Virtual Ship, as I want to send it home to my parents, ( bless there hearts, both have passed away ). Whats this about the rest of the crew spending time in there bunks and me back in the galley sweating over a hot range, and where is our next port? ( I don't belive I am writing this ).Well back to the stock pot.....where is Den when you want him?
    On the road to sunny California!!

Page 65 of 161 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast