Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1603

Thread: Virtual Ship

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Virtual Ship

Now Den
    After a Year of soaking down below ,they must be just about ready mate,i wonder even without Teeth (That me LOL) if I will be able to get through one or two,gees what did you make them from last time ,as after last Years eating that is when I lost all my Chompers!

You will have to now look for a more suitable Dough and whatever goes with it,so as our Crew can at least survive! LOL
    We may be in for a very long Trip this time out ,so come on all of you make sure you stash some goodies to chew on in case the Tab Nabs are not yet ready!
    Eeeeek!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rum you say, yes very rum some of those Tab nabs made by his execellntcy from Canada, or so he thinks.
    I did hear there has been a run on Rum essence over the last year or so, the only soaking has been by him on the Rum.
    Do not be fooled ship mates , I kid you not tis 'baker' does Umbridge for breakfast, me I prefer porridge.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm in
    I think I will be BRS (more access to lady passengers)...R802198
    Must visit happy Valley on the way

4. Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Look Out

Also Quinns bar and La Feyette bar in tahiti not to mention the oh so friendly Kiwi girls......
    Last edited by Richard Maddock; 25th May 2022 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yo ho ho and a bottle of gin
    I gotta be there count me in
    point me to the aerials
    then the articles

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think we need a time period so if we set sail in 1953 I will be the deck boy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Look Out

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Maddock View Post
    Also Quinns bar and La Feyette bar in tahiti not to mention the oh so friendly Kiwi girls......
    Oh boy! those places bring back some great memories. We would be taken up to the La Feyette when Quinns shut, in those little trucks, already well oiled.
    I remember the French cops taking us back to the boat after a big punch up in the La Feyette. I'd been on the gangway till midnight, and still dressed for it, when I just walked off to Quinns.
    There was a royal navy ship in at the same time, and we were all drinking together, and the cops took me in the same bus as the navy guys, back to there ship. The cops wouldn't listen to my plea's that the white front I was wearing was not a navy uniform.
    Getting back to the navy ship, we were all lined up to be logged on by a PO. When I got on deck he looked at me saying "I know you from somewhere, and it ain't offa this boat".
    I explained how I'd been mistaken for one of their crew, and he asked me where I was from. When I told him, he said "That's where I know you from, just stand over there, and we'll have a chat when I'm finished here". After a while we went down to their mess and got well hammered on rum, and had a great laugh and chat. I got back to my boat in time for breakfast.
    Just one of those little adventures we all had in those days.

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lawrence View Post
    Listen lads I'm thinking of starting a virtual voyage on a virtual ship, are you willing to join up? She won't be a B.O.T. feeder and will start sail from KGV pool London. So the ropes are off she's in mid stream of the Thames heading outward bound. Seeing I've started this voyage and was 1st aboard, I'm picking my job along with my nose and I'm galley boy. Now lads don't let me make this trip alone please sign on. Seeing we're in no hurry and can pull in anywhere, I'll make Tilbury our first port of call before the pubs close. So lets get started and make sure none of us back tract. May I suggest we go to 'La Continent' and then work down thru the 'Med' and around the world east to west? Mike,,,
    Sign me up as AB. 2 year articles.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lawrence View Post
    Listen lads I'm thinking of starting a virtual voyage on a virtual ship, are you willing to join up? She won't be a B.O.T. feeder and will start sail from KGV pool London. So the ropes are off she's in mid stream of the Thames heading outward bound. Seeing I've started this voyage and was 1st aboard, I'm picking my job along with my nose and I'm galley boy. Now lads don't let me make this trip alone please sign on. Seeing we're in no hurry and can pull in anywhere, I'll make Tilbury our first port of call before the pubs close. So lets get started and make sure none of us back tract. May I suggest we go to 'La Continent' and then work down thru the 'Med' and around the world east to west? Mike,,,
    Norman Best. 2nd refrig best job on board. Bon Voyage.

12. Likes Bill Morrison liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you need a radio officer look no further fully GMDSS Qualified but a bit rusty !!! will join by pilot boat.
    Do we have a Ossifers Mess on board or that a polite name for the crew accommodation?!!!!.

(2nd R/O retired)

I ALWAYS THOUGHT A NAVAL CUTTER WAS TIGHT KNICKER ELASTIC AND THE BOARD OF TRADE WAS A BENCH IN HYDE PARK.
    Last edited by Roger Haddock; 25th May 2022 at 09:12 AM. Reason: A very warped sense of humour

14. Likes Graham Shaw liked this post
Page 155 of 161 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast