Page 103 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1603

Thread: Virtual Ship

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wink The Bitch is back

Wilky, so that is where we are, Kingston , I have just come up on deck for a breath of fresh air, just cooked queen of puddings for the evening meal, god knows where Den is again, looking forward to some shore leave, does anyone know where the nearest bar is? Well better drag myself back to the Galley. Take care.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ok alf off you go i have the wheel, is that a fog bank to starboard........oh no its just that coaster they must be burning old tyres for fuel.
    could someone bring me a plate of tabnabs and a pot of tea please.

madmick.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Kingston (Jamaica ?)

Oh Well I guess I'll miss another reunion. Was going to make for Sharpness but what with baby sitting the daughters dog and us now bound for the West Indies I wont get there. Just got back on line thanks to talktalk kicking me out. Hopefully problem is now solved and I will be able to follow all the lads on their meet up. Lets hope the weather is up to it and keeps fair for you all.
    Oh i better get to the galley and peel a few spuds and and swedes for the usual 'Scouse' that Den and Terry dish up when they're on the plonk. Crikey look at the dirty dishes and pots. Why are they encrusted with cement. Hang on it's too sweet for cement.------Ah its tabnab leavings, well wire wool won't get this off, I better see the Bosun and borrow a chipping hammer. Sorry lads can't stop have too much work to do down 'ere. Mike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now, now Mike. Those tab-nab droppings will melt off the dishes in COLD water.
    They were a batch of Fairy Fa**s. Just got the recipe from Murialb. Think they will be a big hit with the crew. Anything to do with Fairies usually is with this lot!
    By the way. Congratulations in finally finding the galley. Now get to work.
    I have to get busy making tab-nabs and bread to put in the freezer[old trick I used to do] That way I can go adrift in Jamaica for a few days.
    Always enjoy bringing 'happiness' to the ladies of the World.
    I must do that, as they are often laughing when I leave!!
    Den.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi shipmates,

Tommy the T here............ i,ve had TOO long at home on leave, need to get back onboard a ship, is there room for me ? my discharge book confirms i sailed as a 2nd Cook & Baker on the Wild Fulmar, deep sea cargo division for P&O in 1982,

can i "sign on" please?

cheers
    andy(Tommy the T)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What the h**l did i get up to in kingston last night, cause some of the locals are giveing me some strange looks today.and there is this huge geezer shouting my name saying something about i promised his sister i would take her back to the uk with me how manny bottles did drink last
    HELP.

madmick.

ps who nicked me strides.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi All.
    Welcome on board Tommy the T. Can you do anything else but cook??. There are more cooks on this ship than we no what to do with. Any good as quartermaster as i think Alf could do with a break, hes been strapped to the wheel for months now. Hey has anybody seen Alf since he went for a pee??.
    Madmick I think i recognise that big guy, Last time i was down this way , he was chasing one of the AB s something about it was his turn for Double fun. Id keep your head down if i was you . No on second thoughts dont bend over, just put your back to the wall. What colour were your strides? , as there is a funny flag flying on that pole over there.
    taffy 1eye
    Last edited by Geoff Anderson; 10th August 2009 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
    KISS.keep it simple stupid

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well i did get my "Steering ticket" so am quite happy to spend some time at the wheel , i steered the canberra thru Panama canal.

i also used to help the lads on deck when coming into port, as it happened i was good at throwing the first line(thin rope) to the dockers for them to pull the main ropes to the bollards for tieing up the ship.

i was also known for scrubbing the hatch covers, as i,d then take a break & catch some sun

hey the life at sea for me was a great adventure & i enjoyed doing any of the jobs that needed doing, tho the lads always made sure that i got back to the galley to make the tabnabs.

cheers
    andy ( Tommy the T)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool The Bitch is back

And what dfo you mean !there are to many cooks on board! Den and myself do a pretty good job what with fairy cakes and tab-nabs. we could do with a relief cook, for when we go ashore and get plastered, like in Kingston. There are Cooks and those that think they are Cooks. And welcome aboard Tommy the T. Take care....Terry

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As senior [that means oldest] tab-nab boss on this ear vessel, I would like to welcome you aboard Tommy the T.
    As my mate Terry states. We do need a relief as we have been working like dogs. Get going with those eclairs mate. Love seeing those hairy assed ABs scoffing them down. I used to say. You are lucky when you are home to get jam and bread, now look at you. Always went over well!!!
    Off ashore now for a drop of Appleton's. See you in a day or two-maybe.
    Den.

Page 103 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast