Page 102 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1603

Thread: Virtual Ship

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Trifle

How dare you call our ship a 'trifle or is that some concoction you've made up in the galley?

Lads I wonder if you would like to give me some recipies from your cullinary history. Stuff like what Vernon cooked up in Sth Africa, that babootie thing. Only I've boasted to a crowd of ladies about our fantastic cooking skills and the great food we had at sea----well sometimes. No Den they didn't ask about your tabnabs and I chickened out of telling them. If you would like to contribute lads just chuck 'em up (not literally Taffies 1.2.and 4). I thought we could let them run on this site without causing offence to anyone accept the Ministry of shipping. Leave it with you lads, but some nice scoff from around the world would be helpful. Mentioned mutton bird, have any of you Kiwis (Welsh ones as well) ever eaten same. Mike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now then lads whats all this about Queenie and his/her teeth. Heres me getting on with my job by the way what is my job on this ship????. and now it seams i have to have eyes in the back off my head,could some one please keep Queenie under control as i am starting worry now. oh s*** heres Queenie now i'm off see you all in the mess:

madmick.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You just keep out of the mess while you are the fresh meat on board. Queenie is very partial to new blood and as you where boasting about being one of the youngest on board. Well do we have to draw you a picture. Now Mike wants recipe's from all while we poor buggers can only think of food as a distant memory. What a callous bugger he is.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well lads I will be taking some leave, filled out the forms in triplicate Frank, but the skipper is A.W.O.L. and so is Les B Ann, maybe they are off on a lovers tryst? So I gave the forms to peg leg the ships cat, no one else around. Then the bosun arrived and asked me what I was going to do and I said, silly me, just be a tourist for a while. He said if it's tourist season why can't we shoot them. If the bosun gets his way and then teams up with the welsh witches and the cauldron Mike will have some new recipies that may just have that personal taste. So if when I return in a couple of weeks any one is missing I will definitely not be trying the stew. Madmick, just keep an eye on Queenie, we dont want her to get out of hand, stick with it!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Mike.
    Mutton birds are a definite NO NO,They are shear waters ,Blanched in hot water. Very oily and fishy they are an acquired taste, the look of them would put you off. Another one is rotten corn, a very simple dish.Cobs of corn placed in water until they start to ferment and go rotten, then eaten. thats if you can get it under your nose, pheew it stinks. And no ive not tried then and have no intension of doing so. Ill stick to my meat and veg thanks.
    taffy 1eye
    KISS.keep it simple stupid

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi lads the word on the grape vine is that den says he will refuse to make Tab-Nabs unless he gets his rum issue, what say you all to that then.
    And i am happy now cause Queenie said she wants thrilling not killing.

madmick.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lookout To Bridge, LOOKOUT to BRIDGE, Are you asleep up there ?. Reporting a rock hopper on our port quarter. White funnel with MH in a red band. Wait a minute they are signalling us with what looks like two white lights. Hang on a mo and i,ll get the telescope out. No No ,not 2 white lights looks like 2 white loafs of bread. NO No , HO my God their debagging the Peggy and using his white bum as a signalling device. Massage reads. Sorry for using Peggy's ar-e (PA system). stop . Skipper/ owner will not allow us to use the Aldis light he,s afraid of getting a large power bill (Electric Bill), stop. Have you any empty flour sacks that we could have? as he is not going to give us subs in next port of call. we need beer money. stop . also any empty bottles with a deposit on. That we could redeem the deposits. stop. If so please drop them over the side and we will pick them up .Stop. I hope i got the message right its difficult getting it in stereo and me only having one eye.
    Hey lads you,ll never believe this but above the bridge windows theres a destination board with no7 west Indies, on it ,and along the hull is a load of adverts just like you see on a bus. Well I,ll BE buggered. Ive never seen the before
    Taffy 1eye

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi X Taffi 2 and the rest of the crew , shall we open up the throttles and get to the West Indies before they do . That way we can commandeer all the rum before they get there and use it for trading , well some of it anyway,
    P S Queenie is dying for a run ashore in Kingston
    Here's to tall ships
    Here's to small ships
    Here's to all the ships on the sea
    But the best ships are friendships ..
    Here's to you and me .
    Mick. R832100

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What a good idea, but i suppose we should wait a while to give them a sporting chance, as they will have plenty of bus stops . Can somebody tell the old man, hes most proberbly on the nest with Les b anne. Im not going as the last time i knocked his door he swore at me and threatened to log me. (Grumpy old git.)LOL
    Il,, just keep an eye on the rock hopper!
    GEoff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi lads. can someone relieve me on the wheel as i hve to have a p. my buckets full.
    mike. stayed in a hotel in auckland with a maori girl and she said she would go and get some supper. came back with mutton bird and chips. i thought it was chicken until i tasted it. quite oily , salty, but i did enjoy it. while in bluff i went to stewart island or another island near there, not sure but i think he said only maori's and friends allowed.with a maoiri friend .he said we are going mutton hunting. its a night time thing. they put thier hands down a hole in the ground and get the mutton birds that are in there. these are actually sooty shearwaters (seagulls).cheers. alf
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Page 102 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast