The modern world of training and safety courses.

What is the daftest and certainly the most useless training course you have ever been sent on by a company.

Try this one for size. I was with BP Shipping at the time and at the start of the year you would be given a list of training /safety courses you either had to attend or complete using the ships CBT programme and computer.

I received an email from BP saying that they had noticed I had yet to attend my defensive driving course

Yes DRIVING course

I told them thanks but no thanks not interested. They informed me that If I did not attend one I would not be allowed to hire a car while on company business. Okay so I did it and passed.

I had to go and attend a sea going workshop /company love in thing. They asked what my preference was, did I need a hire car or would I prefer mileage allowance if using my own.

Well it was middle of summer so I said I will us my own transport. I think I used to get 42p a miles so 380 mile round trip £160.00 thank you very much nice little £120 profit there as my bike would return about 68 mpg.