Thread: looing for me dads past

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question looing for me dads past

hi imdarren and im new to this so i appreceiate any help. im trying to trace any trips made by my dad leslie yorgensen he passed away sadly 3 months ago so if there is any one who knew him or any thing about him he w as a chippy in the merchant navy he was born in hull he joined up on 22 12 58. heres a few ships he sailed on SS LASSELL LIVERPOOL. MV DELIUS LONDON. MV DEVIS LIVERPOOL. MV ROSSETTI LIVERPOOL. MV CHATHAM LIVERPOOL. MV DRYDEN LONDON. SS MARENGO HULL. SS OOTOPAXI LIVERPOOL. MV ARRO HULL. Oh the list goes on so if there's any old salts out there who knew him drop me a line thanks.im trying to keep the sea farer in the family our roots came from copenhagen land of the boat builders.im working on crabbing boats and angling boats the nearest im going to get near the merchant navy lol.see you soon darren

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Leslie Yorgensen

JUST A QUICK HELLO, CERTAIN MANY WILL BOTH WELCOME YOU ON BOARD AND ASSIST WHERE POS.

Hope that you may find some old friends of your dad and some new friends yourself. All could be a bit slow as of the time of year, but normally could come at once or take an age, stay in touch for every possible help.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Looking for me dads past.

Darren,what year was your dad on the "Cotopaxi" (not OOtopaxi)I was pantryman on her in 1961,another member on here was an engineer on her for a couple of trips.
    Regards.Jim>B.