Thread: Distant Memories!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Distant Memories!

Hi,
    I have just found this site, and, having lost contact with most of my previous associates at sea, often wonder where, and how they have got on in life, or,if indeed they are still with us?
    I was dubbed, "WALLY" (Wally Barnes- from Barnsley!!!), joined Shell as an engineering apprentice in Aug, 1963, first going to sea in 1965.
    Worked my way up to Second Engineer with chief's ticket and left sea in April 1977.
    Below are a list of vessels, I sailed on, and indeed I remember the Velletia with affection, as the worst vessel sailed on, indeed to the scrap yard in December, 1968, but also for the friendliest, most helpful, hard-working, hard playing, set of engineers ever sailed with!
    List:- Heldia, Venassa, Darina, Velletia, Haminea,Hadra, Alinda, Halia, Hatasia, Holospira, Volvatella, Hemimactra, Acavus,, Haminella, Anadara, and Pallium.
    I await with interest, if anybody gets in touch,
    Kind regarda to All.

2. Thanks j.sabourn, cappy, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Peter F Chard liked this post
    Gulliver Guest

Thumbs up Re: Distant Memories!

Welcome Aboard John ! Welcome Porthole.gif
    I think there are,or have been, quite a few Shell Men on this site .Have you Tried the Shell Tankers site HELDERLINE ?.
    You can input the tanker's name anNd see people who've sailed in them,or leave your own details therein.

Best Regards
    Gulliver
    Last edited by Gulliver; 6th August 2016 at 03:45 PM.