Thumbs up northern star 1972

worked as fireman 1972 an old mates around? would be great to here from u

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Welcome!

Hi Allan R
    Would just like to give you a warm Welcome to this very good site!
    Here you will find lots of info,good Crew and with luck also find a few old Shipmates!
    So sit back,relax and just enjoy the trip!
    Hope we will have you here for a long time!
    A site truly worthy of the British Merchant Navy!
    Cheers

Also"

If you would like to join in and have your Full name R Number and First Ship
    Included in the Flag project then please pass it on to Mike Hall who is doing a Main Flag for all
    to be displayed some time in one of the UK Museums!
    Thank you

Please go to following Link and follow instructions there

http://www.merchant-navy.net/forum/member.php?u=8

Alternatively you can send your details to me as well and i will pass them on to Mike for you
    Thanks

http://www.merchant-navy.net/forum/member.php?u=18

If any new Members (or old) would like more info on the Flag Projects please click on the following Link!
    Thank you

http://www.merchant-navy.net/gallery...ry.php?cat=558
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 24th December 2009 at 03:42 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

G'day Allan and welcome to the best site in town. If you care to list your ships with some dates you may well get to hear from sone who knew you. So sit back with a cold one and enjoy the voyage.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was on Northern Star in 70s. Remember Mick the greaser, he run a crown & anchor in the Pig...I run the other one. Big Paul Hibbert was on there, cant remember many names ...Norman Turner the boxer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Northern Star

Hi There,
    I was on the
    SS Northern Star Jan 1971 till May 1971

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Owen View Post
    Hi There,
    I was on the
    SS Northern Star Jan 1971 till May 1971
    i was on ss northen star v 13 1965 deck hand crews mess
    Last edited by derek mellish; 6th December 2011 at 10:55 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adrianvare View Post
    I was on Northern Star in 70s. Remember Mick the greaser, he run a crown & anchor in the Pig...I run the other one. Big Paul Hibbert was on there, cant remember many names ...Norman Turner the boxer
    Mick PUJALIS (Dky Grs) ran the Crown & Anchor!! ( Arthur ??? was Leccy Greaser/ ERS) Ted Worthy was also long time ERS. The 12/4 Fireman (Wee Glaswegian??) also ran Gambling/Money Lending in 65/66. His Minder was a Big Donkey Greaser, they used to bring the "Float" down on watch and I'd lock it up behind the Bailey Board in the Boiler Room. They were also involved in 'Bird smuggling (Feathered Sort) and it caused uproar, Later it seemed that every cabin had a toy budgy or parrot hanging on the Sprinkler. I dont think Capt Edmeads was very pleased when conducting inspections .I was 3rd Engineer (Oct 65/Apr66,After a Tyne Drydocking) . Robin Lonergan (6th Engineer) made up a fancy 'trepanning tool' out of a screwdriver supplied by the Leccys, according to a photograph supplied by Doc (Danny Morgan) so's he could save the life of a Steward??? who had dived into the empty swimming pool' (Last year met up with Danny's There were two bloody evil ex Belfast "B" specials who were 'Masters at Arms'
    Came back as Snr 2nd Engr in Apr 68 after 2 yrs on the Suevic ( We were 1st ship out of London Docks at the end of the Seamans strike , Have since sailed with Brynn Hammond (then Master) and Dave Share (then O/s or Ab) out here, on Cook Strait Ferries) Cheers, Len Tarleton
    Last edited by Len Tarleton; 18th January 2012 at 07:01 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Len Tarleton View Post
    Mick PUJALIS (Dky Grs) ran the Crown & Anchor!! ( Arthur ??? was Leccy Greaser/ ERS) Ted Worthy was also long time ERS. The 12/4 Fireman (Wee Glaswegian??) also ran Gambling/Money Lending in 65/66. His Minder was a Big Donkey Greaser, they used to bring the "Float" down on watch and I'd lock it up behind the Bailey Board in the Boiler Room. They were also involved in 'Bird smuggling (Feathered Sort) and it caused uproar, Later it seemed that every cabin had a toy budgy or parrot hanging on the Sprinkler. I dont think Capt Edmeads was very pleased when conducting inspections .I was 3rd Engineer (Oct 65/Apr66,After a Tyne Drydocking) . Robin Lonergan (6th Engineer) made up a fancy 'trepanning tool' out of a screwdriver supplied by the Leccys, according to a photograph supplied by Doc (Danny Morgan) so's he could save the life of a Steward??? who had dived into the empty swimming pool' (Last year met up with Danny's There were two bloody evil ex Belfast "B" specials who were 'Masters at Arms'
    Came back as Snr 2nd Engr in Apr 68 after 2 yrs on the Suevic ( We were 1st ship out of London Docks at the end of the Seamans strike , Have since sailed with Brynn Hammond (then Master) and Dave Share (then O/s or Ab) out here, on Cook Strait Ferries) Cheers, Len Tarleton
    Met the lad that divedinto pool ...remember Norman Turner who did the Boxing on there, read Daves book ...good Days

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: northern star 1972

I was on northern star april 65 to oct 65 where we paid of in newcastle first trip i was fireman next trip i was leccy greaser,iwas then asked by dougie the guy who ran the gambling-money lending about the bird smuggling so for my second trip i had two wardrobes full of bird cages the theory being they dont whistle when there in the dark,anway it seemed to work only did it the one trip to stressful although he paid me well
    That was also the where there was trouble in pepeete when trouble broke out on the quayside ifeel sure they had to cut the ropes to sail although memory a little bit vague terry

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: northern star 1972

Quote Originally Posted by Len Tarleton View Post
    Was Captain Edmeads ever happy!!

12. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast