Thread: Cliff Page.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Exclamation Cliff Page.

Hello SSL,

My name is Cliff Page sailed as Engineer on several ships back in `60īs`.
    Like to hear from any old ship mates.
    Look out my old discharge book, have it somewere and post list.

Have also joined SSS re-union and will attend Bournemouth in March.

Like to hear from anyone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hi Cliff

Hi Cliff, I remember you well. I sailed to Aussie and NZ on the Cedric with you on my first trip and as such was unforgettable. I remember it all so vividly and it was nearly 50 years ago. Ron Crook was one of the Leckies, Taffy Morgan, Aleck Kennedy. There was a Jim whose previous trips had been on the Dominion Monarch-now thereīs a historical connection for you! I think once, many years later, on a piss-up in Brighton I actually tried to trace you by telephoning your father who was, hold on to your seat, a builderīs merchant in Brighton! Anyway itīs great to be in touch and hopefully we can now communicate. All the best for now, Peter.

Trinidad at the moment, my home as always Hull Yorkshire UK
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cliff

Hi there,
    How are you doing, just been away for a couple of months in Spain keep my hand in with a few commissioning jobs on Power Stations have a few contacts that gives old bleeders like me the odd contract or two.
    Often think about the old days, never forget the first trip on the Waiwera we did together, some characters on there for sure, got 3 grand children now so love spending time with them, supping beer, and watching Rugby
    having some great weather just now so I can pursue my main hobby gardening. Was in touch with Derek Marpole
    while back through the SS Society, Well Cliff take care I will try and keep in touch.

Rgds

Colin Lythe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Cliff Page, Im Noel Martin from Christchurch New Zealand (Earthquake city of the world for the passed 9 months) Its a long time since the "Waiwera" 1964 and you leaving CHCH 1975. Wrote an article about The Graff Spee its on the internet under Battle Ships somewhere! Regards Noel Martin.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Peter Haigh,
    Well, well nice to make contact with you, I remember you as you say 50yrs. back. Lot of water passed under the Bridge since `Cedric` days, think we were on same watch together, yes remember them all, last saw Gimmey Grealey in NZ waters, visited Alex Kennedy couple times he emigrated with new wife lived in Lower Hutt nr-Wellington, guy off `DM` was Dev Deveroux(sp) 4thE. So you tryed thrue my Dad(now deceased at 98yrs) to contact. was Pete Burnes 3rdE.
    Anyway sorry for long delay, this beeing my first time back into BMN since initial Posting. Lets stay in contact, where are you living, family status etc.. All the Best Cliff.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Noel, long time since last contact, so where are you now? real sorry about Earthqoakes followed for weeks on TV and Internet. Lost your address years back, guess your retired like me, hows Ann and the family, grand children!
    My direct Email: cliff.page@t-online.de one way or other like to hear from you. Regards Cliff.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Colin, good to hear from you, sorry for delay, not been into BMN since posting. So your still working, cant be much younger than me, or! Ive been Retired several years now. Frau/wife has couple years more working, could say Iīm kept man! Power Stations a, dont tell me UK are exporting Turbines etc., see you returned to home town, I left Brighton 1960 and apart from visiting parents never went back, worlds too big, yes I still supp few Biers, but nowday mostley Wein. Rugby yes watch all I can which is not lot, looking forward to World Cup in NZ this year. went to SSS re-Union few years back and met Derick Marpole and one, two others had sailed with, last March at Re-Union in Bournemouth had few drinks with Stuart Dobson remember him! also Tony Goodman Chief, who passed away couple years back.
    Time to get on, stay in touch, will look into BMN again. Regards Cliff Page.