Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Newcastle Sea training School.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Newcastle Sea training School.

[QUOTE=Tony Taylor;429189]Good point John, I did hear that the Doxford was shipped off to Beamish Museum but havnt been up to verifyiy it (I live literally five minutes away from there), I suspect a lot of the kit will be ditched, they even had a large scotch boiler in the maintenance workshop

The Doxford went to an engine museum down south not Beamish. The Scotch boiler was in the BP workshop so named as they provided all the kit from their old ships. One day all our course vanished from sight and all that could be seen was a plume of smoke from the boiler. On each visit we had to dismantle a pump, purifier or other piece of kit and then reassemble. Spanners were hardly required as the nuts were finger-tight. The site allocated for the marine school move is hardly enough for classrooms never mind workshops. I am sure the Westoe site will soon be covered with little boxes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Newcastle Sea training School.

[QUOTE=Ken Atkinson;429418]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    Good point John, I did hear that the Doxford was shipped off to Beamish Museum but havnt been up to verifyiy it (I live literally five minutes away from there), I suspect a lot of the kit will be ditched, they even had a large scotch boiler in the maintenance workshop

The Doxford went to an engine museum down south not Beamish. The Scotch boiler was in the BP workshop so named as they provided all the kit from their old ships. One day all our course vanished from sight and all that could be seen was a plume of smoke from the boiler. On each visit we had to dismantle a pump, purifier or other piece of kit and then reassemble. Spanners were hardly required as the nuts were finger-tight. The site allocated for the marine school move is hardly enough for classrooms never mind workshops. I am sure the Westoe site will soon be covered with little boxes.
    ken, that sounds very familiar ha ha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3