Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Boulevard Nautical School

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Boulevard Nautical School

I try to live by all those, but found that #9 doesn't work, as she keeps dragging me back!

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Boulevard Nautical School, Hull

Rummaging through my old photographs the other day, I chanced upon one given to me by Eddie Carrison that shows some of the pre-sea students, some who I recognise but many I don't. I recognise John Needham, Eddie Carrison, Ken Curry. Needhams the plonker in the front row with his eyes shut, but you can't have it all - good looks and brains and he had plenty of the latter.

Never ask a Yorkshireman where he's from,BNS 1956 Assembly.jpg otherwise he'll take two hours to tell you and if by chance he's not from Yorkshire at all - why humiliate the man!!

Cheers all - Bennie Blackburn

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Boulevard Nautical School, Hull

Hi everyone I attended the Boulevard Nautical School think it was 1965. I was lucky to lodge with George and Connie Tulloch. George had the Barbers Shop across the road from the Nautical School, think it was Boynton Street. We John Senior and I Paul Kirk used to go play snooker with him after he closed the Barbers Shop. We lodged with them for 4 years and Connie his wife was a great cook. George and Connie had two sons who both left home to train as Catholic Priests. I became the Cadet Captain (Head Boy) I think it was that I really struggled with my Spelling but struggles to keep up, but did always finished if it took all night. We lived in Scunthorpe so had to catch the ferry to New Holland and bus home. The next 4 years passed quick and it was time decide which company to join. I chose Mobil Shipping Company as they had a small terminal on the river Trent. This was great for my mail to be delivered their during the postal strike. I took my 2nd mates ticket in South Shields where I studied. Then my Chief Mates in Hull. I got married to Sue and she came away with me for the next 2 years.
    I finished leaving the Merchant Navy and got a job at Nypro after the rebuild due to a massive explosion. Then ran my own Petrol Station ⛽️ and Supermarket in Scunthorpe. Along with a 7 bedroom Motel. Now retired with my wife Sue and we both enjoy our family. We are still boating as we have a boat at Glanford Boat Cub on the Ancholme in Brigg.
    Thank you for reading this bit of my life. I was the Mayor of North Lincolnshire 1997 to 1998.. Thank you for reading this. If you read it again it may put you to sleep. I must say thank you to all my loverly customers, staff who supported us. If this doesn’t put you to sleep 😴 nothing will. Sue and Paul Kirk.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How many remember swimming a mile at Albert Avenue think it was 50 lengths. When you completed your swim you could hardly walk. We did get a certificate but don’t think it would help if you were not seen going overboard.
    In the Pacific. I loved my job at sea with my wife Sue and it was nice to have about 6 wives on board. They really made life at sea better for everyone as the arranged party’s for birthdays and Christmas. Thanks Paul and Sue Kirk.

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ernest you are in the right place now. We wanted to have a place in Spain but put it off due to Covid. I have a Motorhome but it was a long way to drive there and Back. and costly with fuel and ferries. We are waiting for things to improve, but how long I have no idea. Might fly from Doncaster or Humberside Airport. We have friends who live near Catral and they seem happy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ernest I was at the Boulevard Nautical School from 1966 to 1970. I became the Cadet Captain and lodged with George Tulloch who had the Barbers Shop across the road in Boynton Street. This is where everyone hung out during lunchtime. I joined Mobil Shipping Company and work my way up to Chief Officer. Next step was Captain but decided to leave as we wanted to start a family together. Sue did join me on most trips but kids were not allowed. Worked for Saybolts as Cargo inspector around the U.K. Finished up buying a Petrol Station with Shop and Bungalow. Was the Mayor of North Lincolnshire also.

11. Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11