Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: vindicatrix-looking for anyone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: vindicatrix-looking for anyone

jim y our right.it was the wyndham i didnt sail on the ship you mentioned, and i was on the viking ,erim waiting to get a copy of my ships then ill be a little clearer. knowing what ships and dates i saied on them .i did sail with lamport and holt. and ellermans.. elder dempster . bibbys.even on the saint tudno pleasure boat from l;iverpool to north wales. to mention a few i went to a reunionin liverpool some yrs back met a lot of pe.maybe ople but no one i knew .dont think it will happen now if i come to lierpool this summeris there a particular pub .ex mn .get in i used to go to the crocodile and the queens so long ago old mate cheers jimmy

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jimmy Liverpool Retired Seaman meet every Thursday at the Adelphi Hotel,you don't have to be a member,cheap beer and live entertainment.If your ever in town on a Thursday pop in and have a pint you may meet someone you sailed with.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

4. Likes N/A, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

jimthe gravesend school came down to the vindi you sure are quick.im only a learner ill try and keep up .i dont think i kn ew. your son.but no i didnt go to sea school in 1995. it was jan .1955 your right again.the reason i remember is the gravesnd boxing team came down against the vindi they only exchanged once a .year i was on the vindi team,so i must have been there around jan 1955,we had a maniac polish trainer ran us for miles in freezing .weather. we both must have been pretty close .maybe you can find how close to being there we wherewith any documents you may have .by the way i was beaten in the ring .by a bllody scouser.jim

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

cappy i was at the vindi 1955jan and it was freezing my last trip to sea was 1979 1980 im hpoeeless on computer always makieing mistakes .cheers jim

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Jim Brady, cappy, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Jim just checked my old book. I was on the Booker Viking twice , first in March 69 then again July 69. The bosun's name was Johnny Best , the reason I remember him is because he got badly beaten up in Georgetown by the choke and robbers.
    Your son was lucky serving his time with such a good company , probably the best out of Liverpool.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Gallagher View Post
    cappy i was at the vindi 1955jan and it was freezing my last trip to sea was 1979 1980 im hpoeeless on computer always makieing mistakes .cheers jim
    ##well jim i know all about mistakes ..i have made plenty ..but as we get older we all do it .....best wishes cappy

10. Likes N/A, Jim Brady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Louis the fly;
    Your son was lucky serving his time with such a good company , probably the best out of Liverpool.[/QUOTE]
    Louis I know what you mean about Bookers when my son got taken on by them I said most probably one of the best company's out of Liverpool and what a run.they did all the small islands St.Lucia,St.Kitts and many more,then you had Barbados,Trinidad & Tobago and the dreaded Guyana.After he did his first trip and came home he said a lot different to when you were at sea dad,it's a taxi from the ship to a holiday Inn or whatever and a taxi back,quite dangerous in some places.He knew about the choke and rob in Georgetown,one night he came out of the holiday Inn and not a taxi in sight,under orders most probably.Him and the 3rd mate decided to walk to another place to pick up a taxi,surounded by a few choke and rob crowd,a bit of a scrap he had a pic of him and the 3rd mate with a cut eye but they fought the b/stds off.
    Regards.
    Jim.b.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

12. Thanks cappy, Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#14, James, I was also at the vindi Jan through March 1955, my # is r624276.
    Regards, Stan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All the money now being spent on exercise classes, diets and other efforts all to reduce weight.

Just bring the Vindi back and charge to stay there for a month. Problem solved.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Likes Ivan Cloherty, Stan Carter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

jim i dont know if i replied to this post so not being long at this computer game here it is again.my first ship after vindi was 1 4 56 ,so im thinking since i wasnt there in dec i must have been at the vindi in 1956.,,.we could have been there at the same time .do you think. my discharge number wasR648566.i remember gravesend boxing team came only once a year ,and they where there when i was there. so maybe there is a clue there somewhere. i think i was 16 and a half in jan of 1956 . sorry to be a pain just ignore me if you like cheers jim

17. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast