Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: T.S. Indefatigable

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: TS. Indefatigable

[QUOTE=j.sabourn;152364. PS Ivan you must have been well paid to pay off at 6 pounds a month, I only got 75 pounds a year, would have only left me with 3 pounds a year for all the Dens of iniquity I was dragged into screaming... Cheers JS[/QUOTE]

Think you mis-read it John, my salary was £6 per month, out of which left mum £2. 6 shillings (not pence) per month, and we even paid NHI on that £6 and there were other compulsory deductions as well, but we seemed to have a hell of a time on what was left for us, as well as saving something for pay-off

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We survived Ivan thats the main thing. I sometimes wonder how. Most of my old shipmates are either dead or in wheelchairs. The ones who are dead all seemed to die at an early age from 55 onwards. A couple were violent and unusual deaths. Often think about them and say there but for the Grace of God go I. The only thing I find annoying about getting older one isn't as active as one wants to be. I would have stayed at sea well over retirement, but the job satisfaction and camaredie was not there any more, even had one mate with me asking when I was going to retire as was holding him back, he was about 26 and still wet behind the ears. Would never had got a command in the old days. Cheers John S.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#71i will send you two a food parcel in a minute.......me mother used to send me out to catch seagulls......we used to cook them and sell them to apprentices for a penny each.......non of the little buggers ever paid

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy, believe it or not, to make up the Shipowners list to what you had to have, I had to take 2 pairs of the old mans underpants. He always said he had to wear a pair of my mothers knickers until they could afford to buy some more. Now I know you are going to say what are underpants, but know you know what knickers are, those things that get in the way. If the old man was alive I wouldn't dare to tell this, maybe he might come back and haunt me which is quite possible he may well do. He was a good old chap it would not have looked too good for me having to take knickers instead of underpants. No doubt when he was on the builders scaffolding he would have dropped his pants to show his mates what he had to do for his son, before adjourning to the pub at lunchtime. Bet you haven't got much beer left now, as will have been into it after the babysitting session was over. Cheers John S.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#74 well times were not easy john ...but as most in the st had nothing either id didn't seem any different.....my granda was a big sheltie and when I didn't have a coat to go to the school party at xmas at 13 he gave my mother a jacket .....she ripped up the back seam and pulled in about 10 inches of cloth then sewed it up ......cut the sleeves to length.....it was bloody awful ...it came down past my bloody knees ....I can see it now ......my favourite teacher at the time was miss mculloch ........very large chest schoolboys dream.......when I asked her to dance she said I never thought you would ask I can remember getting my head amongst that ample bosom to this day.....hr not knowing id been on the school roofand seen those beuties........ps beer very low ......do you still wear nickers .....lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Saw one of the girls I went to School with when over last June. Was a dazzler then. She must have had a hard life what a mess maybe would have looked better with her teeth in. Suppose beauty is only skin deep, however she was a bit if a winger as well. Glad she chased me away all those years ago. Never did get a fetish for ladies underwear on self, only on the lady herself, used to like black, the wife hates black and refuses to wear. The things us blokes have to put up with. Who used to sing that song memories was it Max Bygraves, think he"s dead as well. Cheers John S.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

# 72 guess we are luckier than most John, I'm still Rocking Rolling every week, as well as other types of dancing, and the future is already looking brighter when we receive those food parcels from Cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Probably just kippers rolled up in a pair of underpants JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#77 out now but its hard catching them seagulls in this wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#78 you know one legged crosseyed mary then .....something to do with underwear and kippers .......bless her

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast