Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: T.S. Indefatigable

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Willie I'm not sure if you have made a spelling mistake or you think this thread is about the" Vindicatrix"? This about ex "Indefatigable" boys. We called it "Indy" not Vindy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My spelling mistake, Hood, I started my seagoing career in F T Everards, but still dont recall any of the lads referring to her as Indy, the grey matter here is getting on a bit !

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Ooops my 2nd mistake, Hood, of course you are referring to the Indefatigable, apologies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default T.S. Indefatigable days

Hi everyone,

I was at the 'Inde' from 68-69, #37 Raleigh Division. I was in Clan Line dorm and our officer was Mr Dean.

Capt Wade was the senior officer at the time and I remember the kind Mr Snape and many others of the era including the cricket bat wielding Mr Bond!

I wrote my Autobiography and the 'Inde' features in it a lot. It you want a cracking read then go to Amazon Kindle Store and look for "Running For Home" by Christopher Dawber. At least pre-view the first few chapters, which you can do for free. You DON'T need a kindle, just follow Amazon's instructions for computer.

Does anyone remember the nude bathing we endured in the Menei Straits? The day Raleigh's Whaler sank during the races? The running around on the roof at night?
    The extra strong cocoa, Nozzers Rock....? It's all in the book and so much more.

Kind Regards,

Chris Dawber.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default T S Indie

I was there in 64/65 105 Rodney division.

Does anyone remember the officer called Bond? He done his leg in playing football. Had a room between the new boys dorms.
    I made leading hand in my last term. Was known by my real name Leslie.Lee early years_0007.jpg

5. Likes donald w gillies liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I made Leading Hand also. I remember Mr Bond very clearly in his thick-set glasses and scouse accent. He got into wielding a cricket bat and would whack you with it if you got caught talking at meal times and/or he would shout in your ear "I will not talk at mealtimes" and would get a stint in the gally. There's quite a large section on the 'Inde' in my book, "Running For Home", Amazon Kindle Store, also for computer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Inde

Lee & Wagga
    are you both aware of the "Indefatigable Old Boys Association" ? It's a very useful place/site.
    Through the association I met a good mate from the "Inde", we were both there 50+ years ago 1961 to 1963 and had not seen or spoken to each other since, he came over from Australia NSW on holiday, we met up and on parting agreed to hang our ( "Livers" on the washing line to dry" )
    Well worth a look at, indeoba.com
    Last edited by Graham Payne; 2nd May 2012 at 01:25 PM.
    Graham R774640

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Indefatigable OBA.

Thanks for that. Yes I was aware of the OBA and was invited to join. Problem is I'm so broke I can't really afford it at the moment. It would be a bit of a waste since I could never attend any of the re-unions. I'm working on it though and have not given up on the idea. There is nothing more I would like than to visit the old "Inde" again but I'm going to miss this years re-union.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Oba

Thanks Graham. Have found the OBA and sadly it looks like I have missed the last reunion by a couple of weeks. My wife and I are moving to Fiji to retire this year but will try and get to the gathering next year.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On the Sunday of MERCHANT NAVY Day in September a crowd of Indie Boys turn up at the St Nicholas Church, behind the Liver buildings, and then end up in the Eldonian Club in Liverpool for lunch and a few bevies.
    My younger brother is one of them, he was there in 1959 before joining the Rakaia in January 1960.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The White Lady

Whilst at the Indefatigable 68 - 69, it was said there was a ghost called the "White Lady". I must admit I didn't see this ghost for real but one night I decided to make a "mock-up" ghost using a pillow for the head and sunglasses for the eyes. I got a real laugh when two boys at the other end of the corridor thought it really was the "White Lady".

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast