Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TS Dolphin Leith

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pardo 61 View Post
    I was in the catering course Dec 59-March 60.Still remember Capt Tait, Sutherland,Flockhart and Lines.Johansen the Norwiegen Cook,and "Shooders",the 2nd Cook.Did anyone ever learn his real name?
    A few names I remember,Big Pat Smith from Tranent,He should have been a Donkeyman.John Sillers from Saltcoats,and the only Northern Islanders I can remember,George Costie from Orkney and Wee Christie Fraser from Shetland,who just wanted "to go to the Pukters" at every oppertunity.
    Hi Pardo. All these guy's you mention from 1959 were still there in 1972-73, (Capt Tait, Sutherland,Flockhart and Lines.Johansen the Norwiegen Cook), must have been a good job. I remember Johansen as a bad tempered old bloke. Nice memories. My dad had the Junction Bridge Tavern and I lived local in Barony Street so went home every night. Haven't been down to Leith Docks in 30 years, so will have to look at the changes next time in Edinburgh.
    Cheers,
    Morris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Ian Main

I was at the Dolphin from Sept-Dec 1966. She broke adrift from the stern buoy and we had to get a line to the quay to pull her back into position.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default To all Dolphin Boys

To all Dolphin Boys and especially those of you have posted on this string and just in case you have not seen this site before have a “Click” on this:

http://www.allatsea.cx/dolphin.html

I have re read all the posts and it has brought back floods of memories again.

Anyone remember the “Kye” just before lights out? Made of a whole tin of Cocoa a tin of Condensed Milk and God only remembers how much sugar and the whole brown sludge was topped up with boiling water from the Galley.

Bodie/Cheyenne (as posted by Graham Murray) I too remember him and the is a photo of him at all@sea I also remember he was also a good pianist. Wonder what happened to him?

Seals in West old Dock can any one remember this happening? How did they get in and out – they were always playful

All the best

Steve R770014

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Ships of old

joined the Salmela with Bryce Henderson in Bahamas 1964,first trip,then after that sailed on Saldura,Saldanha,Salvada,Salambra,Pass of melfort,Cantick head,Happy days if only could go back.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Looking at sea training schools:

LOOKING AT SEA TRAINING SCHOOLS:

Thought some may on this thread may be interested in this:

LINK: Trinity House - Safety at sea - Training

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Looking at sea training schools:

It has been a while since anyone posted on this thread so I would like to comment.
    I attended the T.S. Dolphin on January 1952 on the cadet course. I vividly remember rowing up and down the old East and West docks in cold weather. We were out on February 6th when we heard that the king had died (George VI) How it is etched in my memory is its my birthday. I attended Leith Nautical for all my certificates.I now live in rural Ontario.

7. Likes Bill Cameron, robpage, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was on the T.S.Dolphin may to july 69 Deck boy my first ship was M.V Trebartha july 69 MV Trebartha 70 MV Trecarne 70 MV Benwyvis 71 MV Benattow 71 MV Bengloe 72 m that was my last ship got married and still married 46 years R 874850 still miss the sea.

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am looking for John Brown he was at the Dolphin at the same time as I was went on the same ship MV Trebartha july 69 sailed to London he pay off have not seen him since

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: TS Dolphin Leith

I Steve I was a T.S. Dolphin boy West Dock Leith from May to July 1969 I cant find anybody that was on my course my first ship was SS Trebartha july 69 I was on another five ships left in 72 got married still married I miss the sea R 874850 Peebles Scotland.
    Last edited by Ronald Maben; 1st March 2018 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: TS Dolphin Leith

Quote Originally Posted by stevesherratt View Post
    Calling all Dolphin Boys.
    I attended TS Dolphin West Old Dock Leith from January to April 1962 for Pre Sea Training, had a great time but have not managed to track down any of the lads on my course .

Click Here

Steve R770014 South Derbyshire
    I to trained at t s dolphin September 1972-march 1973 had great time and a good start into M N
    Allan uk000665 Felixstowe Suffolk

13. Likes N/A liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast