Thread: Chief of the Defence Staff voicing public criticism ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Chief of the Defence Staff voicing public criticism ?

I understand there to be a code of silence in respect for the government of the day, but now that Sir Nicholas Carter no longer occupies the role of Chief of the Defence Staff, was it lawful for him to criticise government decisions whilst in the role ?
    <font color="red" size="4"> Real name is Dan
    </font>

2. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Chief of the Defence Staff voicing public criticism ?

Everyone else does The media more than anyone else and probably with the least knowledge. I have no idea of the person you are talking about but assume he is a full military personage and will be fully aware of his scope within the Official Secrets Acts. The biggest blabbermouths at present are Royal and hope will soon be Unroyal personages who should know better. They were incapable of doing the tasks they were paid and trained for , and I have no sympathy , emphany or any other any for. They deserve each other. Let’s hope they stay in the good old US of A. JS...
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 28th December 2022 at 06:45 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

2 things. we give billions away to other countries yet we are skint and why do we have more admirals than ships we should look at this country than places richer than us here? jp

5. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't forget JSW, in our lifetime there was another, a king, who "Gave everything up for the woman he loved". As for these two twits, we (USA) are a large country, with a large population, strangely with fairly large number who are fascinated with England, as a country, it's history (mostly based on movie representation) and the shenanigans of the royal family, current and often British movie historical versions.

My indifference to the monarchy when I lived in England was formed by my grandfather who I loved and respected. He was a dispatch rider in WW1 and witnessed the battlefield carnage and blamed it all on a family squabble between the Brit, Russian and German King, Tzar and Kaiser.

As for the twits, they will get to be yesterday's news, and become relegated to the last page in the newspaper, the one next to the want ads. and probably return to a nice little palace, subsidized by the UK taxpayer. At least they are not drawing US unemployment or welfare. Or bothering me in any way.

Happy new year to all commoners. Rodney
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

7. Thanks Doc Vernon, Mike R868356 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodney, Rodney, don't you realise that as a former Brit you may be called upon to attend to his personage when they become the Prince and Princess of Malibu, or is that ballyhoo.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

9. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ref.a recent post about what happens on a ship stays on a ship , these two twits have never heard of yet alone practiced.Dr. Barnados homes were full of Children who lost parents. What normal 40 year old would still be clinging to his mothers teat . She should. Have put him straight on the bottle. Maybe laced with rum though put a few hairs on his chest. The two of them obviously are using family members as stepping stones to drown their own guilt , poor examples of humanity . JS

Des if they are forced on Oz, maybe the Governor and his wife of Green Island off FNQ would be a good title, believe there is an aquarium there now to lord it over the fish, a captive audience for them JS .
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 29th December 2022 at 01:13 AM.
    R575129

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re #4 Ref your post re Edward, not the Confessor, maybe just as well he abdicated especially after being an admirer of Hitlers . No doubt he was amiably inclined towards Mosley and his Blackshirts , remember that rabble ?.
    JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 30th December 2022 at 10:04 AM.
    R575129

13. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John S.
    Though I was only a young boy when he left the UK My father kept me informed as to their bent so to speak. Most of the Royals at the time favoured Hitler as they thought he may get the revenge they wanted over what the Russians did to the Tsars family, and I believe they were so short sighted that they did not realise what Hitler would do to the British people, but they soon found out.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

15. Thanks j.sabourn, Rodney Mills, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Tony Taylor, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did king George the V not refuse to send a ship to rescue the Romanovs ?

Britain regretted the offer almost immediately. The government was nervous having the Romanovs on British shores, while George V’s private secretary, Lord Stamfordham, feared an uprising against the monarchy. The king soon urged the government to rescind the offer, leaving him open to claims that he abandoned his family for politics.

17. Thanks Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post