Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wanted

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Wanted

Required urgently six Destroyers, must be well maintained, ready to sail at moments notice, preferrabely low mileage and one careful owner (lol)
    Could be an advert produced by the MOD as 6 D class Destroyers are owned in Portsmouth awaiting repairs.
    Vic

2. Likes Bill Cameron liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wanted

What is very sad about this is heat exchanger technology is quite simple you just extract more heat on one side but it's putting on the other . This to sort of thing that I would expect the first year Apprentice / first year undergraduate to be able to work out how on Earth they have something that they cannot use with a 40 degree ambient I do not know . With the county class destroyer of the early 1960s we lead the world in gas turbine marine propulsion now we're buying stuff in from America and not getting it right . The solution that I understand if you had another generator on the deck level you can lessen the load on the generator down below which is great except the fact that you have now put in your heat source right where the missiles can spot it . I expect that nobody will end up even get in your small reprimand over this but duh my mind somebody at the top needs to go
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

4. Likes John Arton, vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bengy Roberts View Post
    we are in NATO,,but having said that,uk army is collapsing,tens of thousands are leaving,or getting kicked out,,honestly we are in a bad state,i check all the time
    The UK is a member of the NATO alliance, and NATO is only evoked when the UK goes to war. NATO never came to our aid in 1983 when the Argentinians invaded the Falkland islands

6. Likes Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Israel was supplying Argentina during the Falklands War , not known to be currently , only to the Junta , information released by UK in 2016
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

so did the French with Exocet software upgrades , and the US did little to help , the islands are sat on a huge oilfield ,

9. Thanks Bill Cameron thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The USA gave us their latest misiles in the Falklands war, the gave us fuel at Ascension Islands.
    Their is aso a report that they were prepared to loan us the Iwo Jima in the event of us losing our two carriers.
    Vic

11. Thanks Bill Cameron thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are B.P. not already drilling down there?, think I have seen that somewhere.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    The USA gave us their latest misiles in the Falklands war, the gave us fuel at Ascension Islands.
    Their is aso a report that they were prepared to loan us the Iwo Jima in the event of us losing our two carriers.
    Vic
    The US didn't support the UK because the US didn't entirely support the UK's position. Some in the Reagan administration -- including Secretary of State Haig and Foreign Policy Advisor Kirkpatrick -- actually supported Argentina's position. Some feared the chaos that was expected to follow in Argentina if the ruling junta failed and was thrown out of office.

Eventually, because the UK seemed to be doing pretty well for itself -- and because the junta turned out to be obstinate to the point of pig-headedness -- the US did help with British resupply as well as provide intelligence information. Covert aid was provided, but the official US position was one of neutrality.
    I will accept though that took over again was returning one of their satellites so the Intelligence was to our advantage and I agree that's applying for your little pension and the latest sidewinders happened but in the early stages on the diplomatic front I've always felt that they were frightened of breaking up or upsetting the America's partnership which I believe is called oas where they agree that if one is attacked They All Stand Together .

14. Likes john walker liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Arton View Post
    Are B.P. not already drilling down there?, think I have seen that somewhere.
    Rgds
    J.A.
    I believe it's a Consortium called Falklands Oil and Gas not sure who's in it but some of the earlier exploration was done by rock hopper and I haven't got a clue who they are . This oil field has been well known since 1969 the problem is it's in small pockets and the cost of moving a drill rig is phenomenal so it was only after the Invention of the bendy straw drill rig that you could actually get it 't economical cost . The exploration in 1969 with done by an American seismographic survey ship which I think was registered in Liberia and I've absolutely certain it was called the golf oil it was telling about 5 kilometres of sismo behind it

- - - Updated - - -

From memory they were already in the country setting up the extra set missiles for the Argentinian Air Force 1 it all kicked off the agreement with the French government was they wouldn't put the latest software when they would go with the software that was in the missiles at the date that war was declared that didn't happen the technicians in Argentinian upgraded regardless

16. Likes john walker liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Belgium a so called friend refused point blank to sell the UK bullets for our guns.
    Rob, initially the US were against our involvement, but as the scene escalated there were signs that the Russians were preparing assist Argentina in return for the supply of cheap wheat.
    Vic

18. Thanks robpage thanked for this post
    Likes robpage, Bill Cameron liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast