Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HMS Vigilant , sex drugs but no rock and roll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default HMS Vigilant , sex drugs but no rock and roll

Nine crew members of a nuclear submarine at the centre of a row over illicit onboard love affairs have been discharged from the service after testing positive for drugs.

The routine, compulsory tests took place on HMS Vigilant, one of four Vanguard Class submarines that maintain the UK’s nuclear deterrent, the Royal Navy confirmed this morning. It added that a further investigation was underway.

The drug detected by the tests was cocaine, according to the Daily Mail, although the Ministry of Defence would not confirm any more details.

A navy spokesman said: “We can confirm an investigation is underway, but it would be inappropriate to comment further at this stage. Any allegations of wrongdoing are taken very seriously and will be dealt with appropriately.

he submarine was already embroiled in controversy over an alleged affair between its captain, Commander Stuart Armstrong, 41, and Sub-Lieutenant Rebecca Edwards, 25. Again, both have been removed from duty on board.
    The submarine's captain and his second-in-command are the only officers on board with access to a grey safe which contains a 'letter of last resort' from the Prime Minister. It details guidance and orders to be followed should the UK be attacked with nuclear weapons.

Meanwhile, another serviceman on the vessel faces court martial after going AWOL – absent without leave – and boarding a flight to the UK to see his girlfriend. Two more submariners have quit the boat in the wake of the scandals.
    It means that around 10 per cent of HMS Vigilant's 168-strong crew have either been kicked out, quit, are under investigation or have been removed in what is believed to be one of the biggest sex and drugs scandals to hit the Navy.
    The matter is so serious that the First Sea Lord, Admiral Sir Philip Jones, has been quizzed about the scandal by the Defence Secretary, Sir Michael Fallon, who is said to be 'furious'.

but there is no rock and roll
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

2. Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HMS Vigilant , sex drugs but no rock and roll

Rob in 1980 there were 3 or. 4 members off the Royal Yacht in Portsmouth court martialed and discharged from the service for playing ring a Rosie’s. Public knowledge today is very easily got. God help Britain if it is ever in need of some of its naval personnel again. The drop off in morals is well ahead of some other nations. Cheers JS.

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Ministry of Defence has had random drug testing for my knowledge for over 25 years as I know one company that were working at Porton Down and one morning they drug checked the lot of them and they lost the contract because one of their guys had been smoking weed the night before and I think that is one excellent idea . I think the morals of some of the Armed Forces started going downhill in Vietnam I had a class mate at South Shields College who had been out there an H boats and apparently half the US military that he had come across were certainly using cannabis
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

6. Thanks Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

rob half the clubs in japan it was free in there glasses in the centre of the tables joints everywhere you where stoned after a night out no wonder the yanks never made much head way in the war? having said that nearly every denomination of notes have residue of coke on them so if the tests are very accurate you could be in the sh.t for nothing just getting change from a bar??jp

8. Thanks robpage, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That wasn’t the only bad habit they took home with them, Vietnam rose was that rife at one time it was nearly incurable. Often wondered if it was a secret weapon of the Vietcong . #4. JP now that would be a real disaster going home and trying to explain to the girlfriend that you had caught something nasty off a 1000 yen note. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 29th October 2017 at 08:37 AM.

10. Likes Captain Kong, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

john I knew a fella told the quack he got it of a sh.thouse seat quack told him you must have eaten it you got it in the gums? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

we were at anchor off Port Louis Mauritus 1968 , the agent came on board the yanks were shipping soldiers home , on a meet and greet tour of Africa ,, the true purpose was to get married GIs home pox free after a three month antibioic dose , but they had got ashore and infected quite a few locals . it was as the agent explained likethe flower bright red smelly head and a prrickly green stem

13. Thanks Captain Kong, j.sabourn, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

By war's end, 58,220 American soldiers had been killed, more than 150,000 had been wounded, and at least 21,000 had been permanently disabled. The average age of the U.S. troops killed in Vietnam was 23.11 years.

I think part of the problem in Vietnam was that those that were there never wanted to be there in the first place.

A friend of mine has a daughter who lives in Port Stanley she runs or works in the Victory Bar. She has told her Dad if the Argies decided to have another go they only need to leave it until a weekend as most of those stationed down there are plastered, boredom I imagine has to be a factor being in a place like that. I think booze has always played a part in the military. Let's face it in our own industry as young lad's I am sure we had our fair share of a rough night.

15. Thanks happy daze john in oz, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    we were at anchor off Port Louis Mauritus 1968 , the agent came on board the yanks were shipping soldiers home , on a meet and greet tour of Africa ,, the true purpose was to get married GIs home pox free after a three month antibioic dose , but they had got ashore and infected quite a few locals . it was as the agent explained likethe flower bright red smelly head and a prrickly green stem
    thanks rob that's my breakfast in the bin this morning what a subject? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    By war's end, 58,220 American soldiers had been killed, more than 150,000 had been wounded, and at least 21,000 had been permanently disabled. The average age of the U.S. troops killed in Vietnam was 23.11 years.

1.I think part of the problem in Vietnam was that those that were there never wanted to be there in the first place.

2. Let's face it in our own industry as young lad's I am sure we had our fair share of a rough night.
    1. I doubt most of those in WWII fighting in foreign fields wanted to be there

2. But by noon our heads had cleared, the chipping and windy hammers on deck and the banging of the 14lb mauls down the engineroom trying to rectify electrical problems helping the curing process

18. Likes Captain Kong, robpage, Keith Tindell liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast