Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HMS Vigilant , sex drugs but no rock and roll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HMS Vigilant , sex drugs but no rock and roll

When I was on the Troopship GEORGIC in 1955, with 3,000 members of the Second Battalion Royal Australian Regiment, 2RAR, taking them to the war in Malaya,
    They were Rationed to 4 bottles of beer per day , per man, perhaps. There were no drugs in those days. people had more sense.
    Ten of them used to come to my cabin every evening and I would get them a few pints from the Pig. It was Wrexham Lager at an old eight pennies a pint. They always gave me a Pound a round, so I made more money than working, only on £1 a day then for a QM. A good crowd of fellas.
    Two years later I met one of them in that Pub at the bottom of Queen Street in Brisbane, and had a few with him, he told me that two of the ten had been killed in that war.
    Cheers
    Brian.

After the EXXON VALDES disaster in Prudo Bay. Alaska. all the bars were taken off all ESSOs tankers, Dry ships, Masters had a breathalyser kit and could and did breathalyse anyone suspected of having any kind of drink, even in port.
    A few were caught out and instantly Sacked and with the loss of the ESSO None Contributory Pension. So it was a very expensive rink. men lost thousands.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 30th October 2017 at 05:44 PM.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Cameron, N/A liked this post
    Bengy Roberts Guest

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Rob in 1980 there were 3 or. 4 members off the Royal Yacht in Portsmouth court martialed and discharged from the service for playing ring a Rosie’s. Public knowledge today is very easily got. God help Britain if it is ever in need of some of its naval personnel again. The drop off in morals is well ahead of some other nations. Cheers JS.
    nuclear boats,drugs,,what chance have we got BENGY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Give them a taste of the Lash, that would soon stop it. Bligh had no worry's about drugs, only the sailors who wanted to go back to Paradise in Tahiti instead of hovels in Portsmouth.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Sailor on nuclear submarine HMS Vigilant ‘slept with prostitute then stole money back’

Trident HMS Vigilant sailor 'slept with prostitute, stole money back' | Metro News

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Have the press got nothing better to do than drag the UK armed forces down. So a lad was a bit naughty and got one over on a prostitute and for £120.00. Perhaps the poor lad had been at sea for a few weeks. Personally I have always been a sprinter and never a long distance runner. So no doubt £120.00 for arriving before the bus left the station seemed a bit ott for the lad.
    All you get in the news is let's crap on our own. I have no doubt the same journalist who wrote this story will next week be singing the praises of some gobshite TV star who decides to come out and say I am gay.
    It was good to read though that at least the sailor had some good mates and spun a yarn to the police so covered for him. No doubt a few of us over the years have covered for a shipmate in one way or another.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 30th October 2017 at 09:49 PM.

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

A renowned local lady known as the tart with the heart got paid but, sympathised with seamen and always ensured they had enough money to return to sea with.

Yes, she would take your money but, was an early form of cash back.

Prob invented BOGOF ?

As we approach 11/11 we know all respect.

Bit of fun / sorry pun: So a lad was a bit naughty and got one over on a prostitute

Prob, got a back hander of her pimp as well.

As far as the press goes, it is all a story / news.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What is the world coming to.
    Three bad omen of a sailor.
    1) never kill albatross.
    2) never steal from your fellow crew members
    3 The worst of all, Always pay you lady.
    That sailor will rot in Dave's deep locker.
    The shame of it. my god .
    Ron the batcave

11. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Reminds me of: An old retired sailor goes down to the docks once more for old time's sake. He hires a prostitute and takes her up to the room.

He's going at it as best as he can for a guy his age and asks, "How am I doing?"

The prostitute says, "Well, sailor, you're doing about three knots."

"How's that?" he asks.

She says, "You're not hard, you're not in, and you're not getting your money back."

13. Likes N/A liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3