Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Matelot

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A Matelot

Quote Originally Posted by gray_marian View Post
    Is it possible to post Ivan's letter & responding comment please cappy? I did not see the article in question.
    Thank you
    marion ...sadly the daily mail went out with the bins last night ......sorry not much help on that ....perhaps another on the site may be gracious enough.......louis is an avid reader he may help .......think JB is a secret reader also .......regards cappy

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    marion ...sadly the daily mail went out with the bins last night ......sorry not much help on that ....perhaps another on the site may be gracious enough.......louis is an avid reader he may help .......think JB is a secret reader also .......regards cappy
    I don't deposit the dm in the bin Cappy- I recycle that tabloid. At present it is in pride of place in my downstairs toilet cut up into neat rectangles. Admittedly, not as soft as Andrex, but we all have to economise these days.
    R635733

4. Likes Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john gill View Post
    I don't deposit the dm in the bin Cappy- I recycle that tabloid. At present it is in pride of place in my downstairs toilet cut up into neat rectangles. Admittedly, not as soft as Andrex, but we all have to economise these days.
    ####.......yes its the austerity you know but as i said to my beloved the less we eat the less we have to use the daily mail .....ps can we get benefits for bog rolls .....even thought about the mossie way ....but it gets under the finger nails ....so they say.....never mind ...worse things happen at sea ....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just bite your nails cappy, it is said to give enormous flavour to them. JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Just bite your nails cappy, it is said to give enormous flavour to them. JS
    ####the said nails are now flying southwards to perth ...they should arrive by xmas.....you will notice the fragrant aroma of an ocean road curry when you chew them .....as you know we have 24 curry shops in a row on ocean road south shields .....which i believe is run from one kitchen ......hence the number of accidents caused by mossie wingers flying up and down the back lane to each individual curry shop....i do believe they have there own scheme for the older ones whereby they get the job of looking after the ones nearest the kitchen....so not so far to run.....it was recently suggested that the reason for the loss off the swans on the park lake was something to do with the curry houses along with the lack of seagulls in that area.......and strangely the little busines of manufacturing duvets with swan down filling.....hope you enjoy the delightful curry nails along with the fragrant touch of sweet mary 's little delighful surprise .......ps soak them in tepid water before enjoying......happy xmas from canny shields

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#15... Cappy put them in an envelope and mark them Porky Scratchings that should keep some of the thieving baskets off them. Rusty Rita never ever did arrive so must have been assaulted on passage. Have been keeping my eye open for anyone starting to turn rusty, they reckon penicillin has no effect on that now, the same as wood rot, so be careful Bruv. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th September 2015 at 10:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2