Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Slaughter At Sea"

gray_marian Guest

Default "Slaughter At Sea"

The following is from an old newspaper clip in 2007, wasn't sure whether to post in book thread or not.

Some may have read of this already , I was aware but have never read anything so detailed before and having stumbled half way through decided out of respect for those slain to read to the end......
    Truly abhorrent

Slaughter At Sea: The Story Of Japan's Naval War Crimes by Mark Felton is published by Pen & Sword on November 20 at £19.99.

Read more: Alive and safe, the brutal Japanese soldiers who butchered 20,000 Allied seamen in cold blood | Daily Mail Online

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: "Slaughter At Sea"

Indeed Marian, They never new the meaning of the Geneva Convention,

Here is another no hoper that needs to walk into a sniper rifles line of fire, Regards Terry.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad: Facing down rebellion - BBC News
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In the Middle Eastern Countries, created by Britain and France before they all got independence, In think they need a strong Dictator to hold the nation together. The Colonials divided the Tribes, some on one side of the border and some on the other. This has always caused trouble, a Strong Dictator held them all together.
    In Iraq, Saddam held the country together even tho` many different tribes and religions. He was also a balance to keep Iran in check.
    When I worked in Iraq, they seemed happy enough, as long as they behaved themselves.
    The same in Syria under Assad the people lived in harmony as long as they behaved themselves.
    In Libya under Ghaddafi he held 15 Tribes who hated each other in check, it was OK to work there and visit.

So our Politicians and American Politicians decided to bring democracy to these countries.
    In Is**m you can never have democracy, it will always be ruled by a despotic ayatollah. so it is the same as a dictator, No change there.
    So Bliar and Bush attack Iraq under a false pretext, WoMD, Doctor Kelly said NO there was none, two days later he was found Dead, in suspicious circumstances. his death has never been explaned, put down as suicide.
    a very dodgy verdict.
    Iraq ever since has been a Killing Ground, thank you Bliar and Bush, a million people have died.
    So then they go into Afghanistan, another blunder. hundreds of British Troops killed.
    So in their wisdom of creating a world free of Dictators, Cameron and Obama decide to do the same as Bush and Bliar and Attack Libya and get rid of Ghaddafi and bring Democracy to the 15 tribes ,
    Ghaddafi said his famous words,.......
    Is**m does not need to fight the West, we will take over by weight of numbers.
    So he was killed and the 15 Tribes are all fighting each other, and ISIS has taken over most of it and the Terror grows.

So why do we Tolerate Politicians?? they are all Stupid with No idea of the World.

again I DESPAIR.
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 5th September 2015 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just reading this article,it talks how the ****** population is growing.Some say for each western child born 8 of the other are born some say the figure is more like 3 to 1.It closes by saying that in twenty years ******* will be able to elect the president of the USA,I wonder when it will be here in the UK.It wont put up the article.
    Regards.
    Jim.B
    Last edited by Jim Brady; 5th September 2015 at 07:20 PM.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

5. Thanks N/A, judith george thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A bit more info....

For every 1,000 British and Commonwealth soldiers held by the Japanese in World 2,
    a total of 248 would die before the war was over, for every 1,000 held by the Germans, 35 would die.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Captain Walter Hill of BT tankers, Sailed with him on Br. Might for about a year in '50-'51. He was Cap'n on Br. Chivalry in '44, taken prisoner by Jap sub after the ship was torpedoed and sunk. From the deck of the sub he watched his remaining crew machine gunned,most of them killed. Then imprisoned in Penang, Malaya. Tortured and only missed beheading many times before release at wars' end. he was so traumatised that even in my year with him he was unable to write legibly and would read me the text of messages I was unable fathom. Never, ever spoke about those years with the rest of the crew except myself. Some terrible events he would describe but the best Skipper I ever sailed with, a most remarkable man. Cheers, Eric

8. Likes Hugh, cappy, N/A, John Albert Evans liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Marian.
    To me the Japs will always be Japs, they may have these new smiling faces, but the ones in charge would do the same thing today if given the chance, they still honor those vicious sick admirals and generals in a special temple and dream of what could have been. After seeing as a small boy what they had done to one of our neighbors; I have never and will never forget.
    Cheers Des

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have seen, and history has proved it. there are no winners in a war. We won the battle in world war 1 and 2, but in the aftermath we lost the war. Wars are started by people good or evil but are incapable of fighting their own battles. These people then call on others of their own tribes or whatever you want to call them, and instil in them the dangers of the enemy and send them off to fight them, these people who do all this are called politicians, and although they consider themselves to have the right to do this, should maybe read their Holy Bible and read about David and Goliath, maybe they may, but is doubtful to take it upon themselves to solve the problem. Chance would be a fine thing. War is and has always been an inescapable way of life, one more good reason why borders of countries with different ways of life should be adhered to, anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence could of told our so called worldly politicians this, what do they do, they open them to all and sundry. Shows the intelligence of the present leaders we have today. The ones in Europe are especially the muffins of this and the last century, the British ones involved in such bad judgements and calls, should be in permanent residence in the Tower of London making the tea for proper ex soldiers who guard it in retirement. Although they are barely fit to do that. And the Beefeaters may object to being served by such cretins. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 17th March 2016 at 07:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

War is not about who is right, more the case of who is left.
    It is hard to comprehend the atrocities of the Japanese going virtualy unpunished when considering the punishment given to the Germans.

I understand that in Japanese schools any mention of the war is forbidden and not taught as part of history, little wonder they are as arrogant as they can be at times.

Now slaughtering whales under the guise of scientific investigation? Should have dropped a few more on them.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    The best news to come out of the coming election is that the Japs will not be building our submarines, I believe that the announcement around Anzac Day was brilliant, what with those old boys talking about the way they were treated by the japs, and one of the surviving nurses the Japs massacred telling her story.
    I know the first one wont be delivered until around 1927, just building up sufficient steel will take a long time if ever.
    Cheers Des

redc.gif
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 27th April 2016 at 12:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast