Likes (Received)

Unhappy The End HMS Kellington

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...4229-23340563/
    HMS Kellington,
    What a way to go
    Say her name with pride as she crosses the bar,
    Fond Farewell
    ex mech2
    brace me thingies, splice me wotsits, Admiral Benbow, Black spot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default With Pride she ends!

Thanks for that little news post,yes it is a shame that eventually these Ships of old have to go one way or the other!
    But proud she served i am sure,and although a sad end it is with pride that we all say farwwell!
    Long live all her memories!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've watched the Kellington rot away for a number of years as she is berthed in my home town. She has been vandalised beyond repair and the Stockton Sea Cadets have failed on a number of occasions to get a Lotto grant. She is due to be broken up shortly.

http://www.kellington.net/page%2034.htm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default there may be good news yet

Thanks for the post on the fate of the kellington. There may still hope for this ship yet. There is a group that have been working behind the scenes to restore her to her former glory. All funding is in place for a complete restoration, all insurance has been obtained for any problems with that including any kind of pollution, if I am correct all purchasing contracts have been made up awaiting signatures and 11th hour talks seem to be going well. The condition reports on the hull are good and same for the super structure. Decking will need to be replaced but not all of it and she will be fitted with new engines and generators as I understand things she will be back to the same condition and will be as sea worthy as the day she was decomissioned. I will post more when I get more info. Sorry for the long post

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thumbs up Reborn

Hi, Paul
    I'm glad to see that some people are saving our heritage and giving our youth something to take part in,
    Our youth should get some of the opportunities that we had as youngsters,
    Keep us updated,
    Regards
    Pete
    brace me thingies, splice me wotsits, Admiral Benbow, Black spot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Failed e-mail

Paul...
    An e-mail I sent to you has been returned, please see notice at the top of the first page (The slider)
    Brian Probetts (site admin)
    R760142

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very sad to see the state of HMS KELLINGTON. I never served on this particular ship myself, but I have served on similar Ton class minehunters/sweepers in my time at sea.

I hope she can be saved.

Regards
    Hugh

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default update

I thought I would post an update on the fate of the Kellington. Due to stalling tactics by the council and the scc its sad to say the project to save this once fine ship is now dead as far as restoration. I have been informed the legal team are still going to try get answers from all involved. Able uk have been working hard and fast on scrapping her. We are now pursuing another project in the hopes of saving and restoring HMS bronington.like the kellington she has been falling into a state of disrepair since the owners went into voluntary liquidation. Members of the hemlinton nautical society and the legals are travelling to merseyside today to look over the bronington and hope to be able to purchase her. The aim of the restoration on the kellington was to get her back to lloyds 100a1 condition and standards. Now this is the focus on the bronington. Once restoration is complete she will be returned back to sea and will be used to train cadets and youth organizations.any and all support would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions email me at pauluk2w@msn.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default all hope lost

Just another quick update. Hms kellington has just about crossed the bar. Able uk have cut too much up. That's the bad news. Here is the good news. Although the kellington is gone we have managed to save a ton class minesweeper. Hms bronington had an uncertain future but we have managed to save one of the last ton class ships left in uk waters. If anyone would like information I can provide it just shoot me an email

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HMS Kellington two weeks ago.
    "Across the seas where the great waves grow, there are no fields for the poppies to grow, but its a place where Seamen sleep, died for their country, for you and for peace" (Billy McGee 2011)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast