Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Look out Spain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Look out Spain

I like Robert Hardmans closing statement in his article

" You only need to spend a few days, as I have this week, on both sides of the strait to realise Spain isn’t just in breach of both the letter and spirit of European law with its current harassment of Gibraltar. It’s also guilty of the most brazen double standards. In short, Spain wants to have its paella, eat it, get someone else to pay for it and thump anyone who argues."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Look out Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Morcom View Post
    With all this talk of Gibraltar it was interesting to see a double episode of New Tricks that we had previously recorded. The whole story line was based in Gib. Great to see the place again and it even showed the old road we used to have to climb to get to the summit of the rock. Seeing all the ships passing through and Ceuta in the distance, the barbary apes and even Europa lighthouse all made me feel very nostalgic.
    Hi Tony, sounds like you walked the walk I used too, Live in the Europa Pass, Went to school at Europa Point, Dad walked us around the Rock once a month, learned how to swim in the harbour, Had great fun, on Navy day, on all sorts of RN boats, climb the rock path to the summit, at least once a month, when not walking round it, the apes got to knows us, and walked along side, then waited till we come back, all ways had some thing for them. New all the tunnels, dad being army, could more or less go any where, brother John was born there. Also watch new New Tricks, brought it all back.
    Last edited by ray-c; 22nd August 2013 at 10:53 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5