Thread: Australia

Tony Morcom Guest

Default Australia

I am glad to see that at least one government recognises the value of our fine RN personnel. SEE HERE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Australia

Well I hope some of them take up the offer, if I was a young man I would see it as a golden opportunity for me and my family.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is not a new concept, for years there have been regular adverts in The Navy News looking for recruits to the RAN and the RNZN, looking for Leading Rates and Petty Officers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Bill,

If the media here in Oz are to be believed, at the present time Australia possesses six submarines only two of which are effectively manned at any given time. Apparently, this is due to a marked reduction in the numbers of R.A.N. personnel interested in becoming submariners.

The current appeal by the Australian Government is primarily, but not solely, aimed at recently disengaged British servicemen. It is not confined to naval personnel, but has also been extended to former members of the British Army and the R.A.F. who meet the necessary requirements. Having read Ivan's comment in Post #2, I must agree. Any recent member of Britain's armed services now seeking employment (especially those with a young family) could do worse than consider the prospect on offer. I feel sure that their expertise would be highly valued and that they would be made most welcome in the Australian military and civil community.

RIGHTO !!!..... YOU LOT GET FELL IN...... AND THEN GET YOUR AR-ES OVER TO ORSTRAYLYER RIGHT AWAY.....WE MIGHT NOT NEED YOU ANYMORE, BUT THEY SURE AS HELL DO....SO GET YOURSELF
    BL--DY MOVING !!!

.......................cheers, Roger
    Last edited by Roger Dyer; 30th December 2011 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Roger DYER View Post
    If the media here in Oz are to be believed.......................cheers, Roger
    Well Bill regardless whether or not these advertisements have been carried in the Navy News I would see this new recruitment drive and the Aussie Press comments (thanks Roger) as an "Even more golden opportunity" think of the rapid promotion prospects such a situation presents for the young men (and women? must be politically correct) who are willing to go that extra mile both physically and mentally. Wish these sweet offers had been around in my time.

Anyway as the time grows closer both here and the Antipodes we wish all our readers a very happy and prosperous 2012 and beyond. Except that fellow Robothan of course.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I never intended to have a pop at the Australian Navy for their recruitment drive, well done, I just mentioned this to show that it is not a new concept. But having watched a few episodes of "Sea Patrol" on Sky, I can see a few Jenny Wrens wanting to join up

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Under the title australia:

happy new year to all down under.

we still have near 6 hours to go here in the uk.

Hope you all had a good one in oz, nz etc.

K.