Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tornado Aircraft.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tornado Aircraft.

Nearly right J.S. Graham lived in Dunsborough but he was on the Bunbury tugs for a few years before retiring. He wasn't in the Knights Templar.
    Bob.

- - - Updated - - -

Bob Axon was there on the Tabba Tabba and I was on the Strelley. Graham wasn'a Mason, I know that for sure.

2. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was only a guess with Graham as was a similar surname. Bob though knew he was on the tugs at one time and his cv is correct by what he told me , and was at enough meetings to know it was genuine. He was ill for some time the last I heard but as have lost contact as resigned from certain duties due to my own self imposed health restrictions. I have a feeling he may have passed away recently. hope I"m wrong. Got fed up with funerals as they all seem to come at one time. Even look in the hatch Match and Despatch every day to make sure I"m still here. I say the Knights Templar but its proper designation is Preceptory. Easier for the Layman to understand . I worked mainly out of Dampier and the NW Shelf when in home waters , you had to be a blue eye in the union to get a job on the harbour tugs there. Dont bump into that Tornado on your daily stroll . Cheers JS
    Re Bob Axton he had some history with Smitt Lloyd was the Dutch Company I was trying to remember previously.i was on two of their ships out here on bareboat charter, JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 30th October 2022 at 01:58 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re 12.
    John, as you are the only person who served in the MN living in that area, stay healthy and make sure you do not go into a state of self imposed exile.

Regards from
    Fouro.

5. Likes j.sabourn, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#13 There is another marine engineer lives here Fouro but he doesn’t come to the ancient mariners , have never seen him at the happy hour. , so maybe has a good reason why he doesn’t come. He introduced himself once at another function and was with a well known company that traded out here , went to sea in 1952 , met his wife in Australia andcame back here posthaste pronto. He had connections with the. Tyne area , but again lost his name, must have wrote it down somewhere if find will put on here. In case anyone knows him. Cheers JS
    Just found in my notebook name is John Taylor , he lives 2 streets away and have his phone number if anyone knows him. He reckons he is of Geordie extraction but he tarks propa been here a long time. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 30th October 2022 at 03:40 AM.
    R575129

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2