Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kosciuszho (Polish) 18 September 1941 - crew member details needed

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Kosciuszho (Polish) 18 September 1941 - crew member details needed

Celia I am sure you know the reason why Britain declared war on Germany ? It was because they were fulfilling the obligations they had with Poland and Germany invaded them and with a similar agreement with Russia Hitler and Stalin were in cahoots.very similar to what is happening today in the Ukraine. Hitler messed up when he invaded the Ukraine and Russia, and took on more than he could chew. Most historians will tell you this was the main cause of Hitler getting the big chop. I was in Gdańsk in 1969 and it was under Russian Rule and unless you have been in an occupied country will have little views on the subject. You must be aware of all these facts . But if not a Polish seaman of that era as regards the maritime world would be able to clarify further. Probably the best record keepers of persons during the war years were the Germans themselves but undoubtably burned all the records they had when they pulled up the white flag. The British records were not fait accompli as I had to go to the Australian war records to find where a British family member was buried in Singapore. His mother my Granny didn’t get confirmation of his death until 6 years later in 1948. Wish you well on your search , it’s good that people remember the past . Regards JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 29th February 2024 at 11:22 AM.
    R575129

2. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Kosciuszho (Polish) 18 September 1941 - crew member details needed

Hi Celia.
    It was a few years ago but I Googled Freemantle newspaper archives I think it was.
    Cheers DEs
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2