Thread: elder demster crew list

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default elder demster crew list

my name is james gallagher ,i was on the sherbro15-7-57.and the sangara 4-12-59.,i came from wigan ,names i remember the bosun jim smith ,he ripped his arm badly caught in wire on windlass also a cdet lost his arm ,anyone remembe me.jim gallagher

2. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Tony Taylor, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: elder demster crew list

Quote Originally Posted by james gallagher View Post
    my name is james gallagher ,i was on the sherbro15-7-57.and the sangara 4-12-59.,i came from wigan ,names i remember the bosun jim smith ,he ripped his arm badly caught in wire on windlass also a cdet lost his arm ,anyone remembe me.jim gallagher
    well james thats a long time ago ...there are a few proper old time seamen from that era about .....but they are going bit by bit now .....you know sometimes the names are long forgotten ....best of luck ....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: elder demster crew list

#1. The only recollection of EDs that I have was a 3rd.mate about 1956 out of EDs can still see him but his name is long gone .He was off their Cadetship and a nice bloke. All I really remember of him was that it was EDs policy at the time to send all their apps/cadets up for their EDH certificates.after 2 or maybe 3 years. Here’s hope others can give you more .But at that era in time EDs had quite a good name in the Shipping world . Cheers JS.
    R575129

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz, cappy liked this post