Thread: George Hepworth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default George Hepworth.

George received your private mail. However don’t really know if reply has gone or not. Your ref.to Singapore Poly leaves me in the dark. You may be getting me mixed up with my cousin Bill Sabourn ? Better you reply direct to this medium as can’t be sure if pm is working from my end. Regards JS
    R575129

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: George Hepworth.

George as said have trouble answering on the pm channel. Bill died a number of years ago in the UK , he was one of the senior lecturers at Launceston Maritime College before retirement . They were going to retire in Launceston but the accomodation they wanted was not avaiable so decided to go back to uk where they had a son and grandchildren. They took up residence close to where they had lived in before travelling abroad. His wife Doris died first and then himnot too long after. They stayed with us in WA for quite a while before going back .Bill was like a big brother to me as was 6 years older and we were brought up together during the war years , together with his younger brother Denis 3 years younger than him, who is now also dead. Tony Taylor on this site knew him when he was lecturing at South Shields marine school so don’t k ow if he can add any more to this. Bill started his maritime sea time with RFA and don’t think he was anywhere else, he taught in various parts of the world in marine engineering . I knew it wasn’t me when you mentioned Singapore Poli. I don’t have the type of brains he had . I can’t recall anyone saying he ever left a bad smell behind. Think all
    Though not sure he did a lot of examinations for AMSA in some of the outports in Australia. His original certification was chief eng. cheers js
    R575129