Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Can I get a Sateroom Steward job on any ship, if I have been living in California

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Can I get a Sateroom Steward job on any ship, if I have been living in California

Dave, when were you officers steward on the Windsor?
    I did that for almost two years back in 62/3
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Can I get a Sateroom Steward job on any ship, if I have been living in California

Dave Why have you started another thread asking the same questions, it only wastes your time and that of people trying to help you, or do you have a memory problem, if so this may preclude you returning to sea.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #68
    my wife being twenty again, i could only wish ?
    i married her when she was but a girl, i was the man of the house everything i bore on my shoulders,now fifty one years later she is in charge of everything and if i dare to answer back, ?
    as for getting around to your immense knowledge of armoury as master of ship did you have a access to guns.
    tom

5. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Dave.
    If you don't get a job as steward you can always try for the gold and opals here in Aus, there are plenty still.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

7. Likes cappy, N/A, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#72... A couple of times. But what am referring to is my youth 13 to 15 . Apart from Cubs, Scouts , Boys Brigade,
    Tried my hand army cadets, sea cadets, and air cadets. Funnily enough the last the ATC was the one more weapons awareness was shown. Think the bloke in charge had been in the RAF regiment. The small arms available were the P17 as said, and the sten gun. Which is only a short range weapon only has 32 rounds and the barrel is not rifled and very inaccurate. So whenever I went to the movies and saw John Wayne cutting down swathes of the enemy , I always had the urge to stand up, and shout hey you were out of ammo 10 seconds after you started . The sten could be fired single shot or in a burst automatically .How long does it take to fire 32 rounds ? The P17 as said could fire a grenade , the British WW11 grenade had the detonator screw cap on the Bottom and 1 second after exploding that cap would usually return on a reciprocal course and take your head off . That’s why you ducked . Most kids today don’t join these groups but prefer to sit at computers. Their loss. JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 6th February 2021 at 01:14 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #74
    you certainly did get around, and obviously the imformation derived is still very lucid after all these years, agreed the loss to this generation is immense as their only excitement is like you say derived from the x-box or computers.
    but keep the imformation fresh as we might need it soon, to combat these commies.
    tom

10. Likes N/A, Ivan Cloherty liked this post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast