Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Can I get a Sateroom Steward job on any ship, if I have been living in California

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Can I get a Sateroom Steward job on any ship, if I have been living in California

hi john sabourn
    definitely no market gardens, but when i first went there i had a caravan in one of parks, took someone back there one night she got up during the middle of the night tried to light a ciggie on the stove i believe it was a woodbine, as i lay there i watched her bend over the stove to light it, ( that was a sight to see ) and as the ciggie lit so did the curtains, by the time i reached the sink for some water half the caravan was a light,
    happy days
    tom

- - - Updated - - -

hi marian
    im know for my gloves
    tom

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    reply 48 .....am much happier now marion knowing that should i need an injection i will be much happier dropping my kecks and bending for you to inject than others on this bleeding site ....lol cappy oops getting saucy now ..sorry cappy
    hi cappy
    #50 watch the knees you might never get back up again.
    tom

2. Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Can I get a Sateroom Steward job on any ship, if I have been living in California

hi john sabourn
    scallions, how dare you,
    how do you think i always come up smelling of roses, they used to call me the teflon man,
    tom
    Last edited by thomas michael; 3rd February 2021 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Poor Dave the originator must be wondering what he's wandered into.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Poor Dave the originator must be wondering what he's wandered into.
    hi ivan cloherty
    thats why my wife always says ( that i never listen to what she has to say ) off on a complete tangent
    tom

6. Likes Ivan Cloherty, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john walker
    #8 do you think i stand any chance getting the butlers job, with a scouse accent
    tom

8. Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marion, what are you saying, Bromide or anti W*** as it was known on the Vindi.
    How could you be so cruel.
    Offered the cooks job but some how I do not think we will get any Croissants with Petit de Foi Gra with you, most likely lumpy porridge out of a packet.

And there was Cappy offering you a chance to stick it in him, not many get the chance.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Likes cappy, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#62 Has that tangent anything to do with , and were you in the army cadets , the tangerapature backsight on a P17 rifle ex US use WW 1 firing not a .45 but a .44. If so your older than you look , but there again your always being the Lone Ranger behind that face mask. had your 3rd. jab yet. Cheers JS
    This should be in flashbacks as soon as mentioned tangeraperture brought back the memories of this weapon which at the time was nearly as big as me , a bit more of uselessknowedge if you ever need and is free, even though a ww 1 weapon could fit a cup on the barrel and fired a mills bomb. You maybe able to sell this info. To John in Oz in case his mother in law is ever re-incarnated . Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 4th February 2021 at 06:52 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn
    #65 ive been on a lot of tangents lately, never in the cadets though, nearest i ever got to a service rifle was one that my old man had, always remember when i was about nine i walked into the back bedroom and he was leaning out the window he instantly put his finger to his lips as if to say shush, and then went back to concentrate on what he was doing, as i stood behind him he had a rifle pointing down to the backyard wall where a large cat was creeping along it, i do remember the bang and the smoke, but the cat was never seen again, very protective towards his racing pigeons was the old man, i learned years later that it was a 303 lee enfield, no wonder the cat was never seen again. as it was less than thirty feet away when the old man shot it.
    on a lighter note have not had any jabs yet, i supposed to get the first on the 17 of this month but my wife had it changed for this saturday, i wanted her to get it first but they have refused to give her my jab.they say she is too young as not seventy yet,
    but never mind me im deeply concerned about your subject matter, i feel if you are to continue talking of arms and explosives i may have to imform the authorities in the uk.
    stay safe,
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The P17 was a .300 so smaller than the artillery piece of your father. My first reading of #67 without my glasses thought you said your wife’s age was not twenty yet , and thought I had solved the mystery of your apparent youth, however read it right on putting on glasses .cheers js
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Doc,

Just for a few laughs, here is a section of my resume. Many old-timers will remember me on the older Cruise Liners. For some strange reason, the chaps on board called me 'The mad Monk' Reason being I always had something in my berth, for headaches, upset stomachs, sea-sickness, and whatever ails them. Since I was 17, I had studied foreign herbs and other supplements and of all forms of Holistic medicine. The boys and even the ladies came to me, for B-12 shots, and anything that would rid them of the night before ashore drinking heavily. For some reason, they didn't like going to the ship's doctors.

The last time I was sick, was the removal of my Gall Bladder, about 7 years ago.

My ships:
    British Merchant Navy (Marine)

SS: Oransay Waiter and Dishwasher.
    MV: Oriana P & O Fleet Officers Steward
    RMS: Pendennis Castle, Offers Steward.
    RMS: Windsor Castle, Officers Steward.
    SS: Orsova: Officers Steward
    SS: Reina Del Mar Waiter
    Globtic Great Britain Oil Tanker Officers Steward
    Holland American Line DD Rotterdam Stateroom Steward

MV: Gisela Venmann: German Cargo/Passenger Captains, Passengers, and Shop Steward.

SS: Canberra Peninsular & Oriental Steam Navigation Company (P&O)

RMS: Queen Elizabeth 2: Cunard

MV: Sun Princess Stateroom Steward
    MV: Pacific Princess Night Bar Manager
    MV: Pacific Princess, Princess Cruises Owner’s suite
    MV: Island Princes. (The TV Love Boat) First Class Steward.

Even on a wealthy family yacht (the Golden Cachalot) to the Galapagos Island chain as Steward/ Butler.

Lived in Queensland Northern Australia for about 3 years in Cairns. Searching for gold and mining Opals

Yes! one crazy Englishman.

15. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast