Thread: Hello

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Red face Hello

Dave Massey saying Hi to all, I was in the galley dept. I was during the a galley boy worked my way up to 2nd cook.

I miss the cruising and the mates, really was a good life for me. I was serving from the Mid fifties till 1961 when I met my partner It took

quite a while to settle down though. Nice to take a peak in the Merchant Navy news, keeps me informed during my retirement.

AS big thank you to all that do this news letter going. Have a great summer.

Scouser Dave.

2. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello

Hello Dave
    Likewise welcome to the site and I hope that you too will find lots to take your interest here.
    I think many of us here know that feeling of missing the Sea and the mateships that we found during our times in the Merchant Navy,there unfortunately wont be those times again.

Yes settling down after Sea life is also something that many here would also have had experiences of, some I guess just may have liked leaving for reasons of their own,but I think the Majority would have battled some before they got used to being Home all the time again and the normal daily routine ashore. But ???

Anyway gald you are here with us and hope that in some small way we can all help to soften that feeling LOL
    cHEERS
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post