Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I killed the bosuns pet canary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I killed the bosuns pet canary

Yes Ken, the Juniper Berry is still there and is about the only one standing that we all knew. Last time in the high street in 2017 could not find a pub.

On the Windsor we had an engineer who was Rhodesian, he was a nice enough guy but a bit odd, kept used condoms in an old tin can.
    But one day, about three out from Cape Town homeward the smell in his cabin was getting a bit too much.
    There was also a bit of noise coming from his wardrobe.

There staring at me a pair of very big eyes from behind some clothes.
    What the *** I thought, took a chance and pulled the clothes back a bit.
    There it was, looking at me a bloody 'Bush baby' he was he later told me taking it back to UK for a friend.

Bob, officers steward in charge, told him in no uncertain terms to get rid of it.
    It was removed from his cabin but where to we never did find out but he told me next voyage his friend was very pleased with it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Likes Ken Norton liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I killed the bosuns pet canary

I was on an old steam clan ship and was about to set off up the ladder at the front of the final to remove part of the whistle For An overhaul as The Apprentice I got the ladder job and the heavy lift and the third engineer still at the bottom was outside the window to the old man's cabin in the window was a cage with a budgie so the third engineer being a sociable type was doing who's a pretty boy then when the old man's head appeared at the window and told him that he was not to speak to the budgie , the budgie did not speak to engineers ; it was a bit like its owner really
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2