Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pensions?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Pensions?

I only stayed in for a couple of years deep sea from Singapore on Shell Tankers from 1969 I’ve seen people talking pensions and am wondering if I had one. How do I find out?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pensions?

If you were in the NUS you are entitled to zilch.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

3. Thanks Peter Lewis thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Peter had a look at your cv . WHat type of martial arts do you teach. What part of the UK do you live. My son does some weird form of martial arts that I never remember the correct name of. But he also teaches it apart from his day job. Quite often takes some of his students to Japan to see the grand master and do various further degrees. Think he has about 9 now, and what I can gather they go up to about 13. It appears to me to be a mixture of the well known martial arts such as judo ju-jitsui and others. He takes classes in the Leeds area. I think you would have to have more than a couple of years for a pension. I was 4 years with John I Jacobs and got about 70 pounds payout from the insurance company when I was about 70 , 5 years after I retired. Cheers JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th October 2018 at 02:02 PM.

5. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

NUS = Nowt
    MNOPF = did you contribute into it?? No ?? then Nowt.
    I once worked for the Gas Board for three years, in the 60s and got £80 a Year so cashed it in for £240.
    ESSO had a Non Contributory Pension. cost Nowt, but paid monthly for life.

7. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Peter had a look at your cv . WHat type of martial arts do you teach. What part of the UK do you live. My son does some weird form of martial arts that I never remember the correct name of. But he also teaches it apart from his day job. Quite often takes some of his students to Japan to see the grand master and do various further degrees. Think he has about 9 now, and what I can gather they go up to about 13. It appears to me to be a mixture of the well known martial arts such as judo ju-jitsui and others. He takes classes in the Leeds area. I think you would have to have more than a couple of years for a pension. I was 4 years with John I Jacobs and got about 70 pounds payout from the insurance company when I was about 70 , 5 years after I retired. Cheers JWS

If similar to my own study of martial art, pos Shudokan ?

K.

9. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi sorry it took so long to reply I practised a style called Zen Shin Ryu and after black belt grading went with a colleague to develop a style called Jiyu Seishin. I moved north to York 35 yrs ago where I developed on those styles and formed another style called Genko Do. Know do to hip and knee damage I no longer practice but no regrets. To think it was a Thai Boxer that got me interested in martial arts whilst moored in Bangkok. I wanted to punch his lights out but couldn’t get close to him. Lol.

11. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know there is one of the degrees where he is kneeling and blindfolded , someone stands behind as his executioner with a sword , and has to fall to one side on the sound of the swordgoing through the air. Wouldn’t know if they use a genuine sword or not . I rather think he has his own page on the internet . He lives just outside Leeds. He is now in his early fifties and is now into tri-athelons also. Doesn’t get his agility from me. I was over there last July and he was telling me one of his associates also into the sport was out of RFA, but see you were in tankers . Regards JS
    PS just had a quick look on face book , I am not a member of , As don’t visit any other sites. But he does have a page on there with the times of his classes Bujinkan is mentioned ,is that some form of martial art? Or just an email address for his blog. His first name is same as yours. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 22nd November 2018 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bujin generally relates to weaponry of some kind. The word moves around a bit from region to region sometimes it’s budo, whereas Kan relates to method. So fighting with weapons. I had several trips to Japan training in my time mainly to Kyoto but as I said earlier back and knee injury stopped me a few yrs ago. It doesn’t feel the same today wAtching them practice with all the body protection, we had to rely on each other’s ability to control a strike. Didn’t always get it right I remember training with Sensai Donovan in Dagenham with a fleet of St Johns Ambulances waiting outside.

14. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Shudokan for us was linked with Nachouki
    but, in defence and training not attack, though
    tactical attack training did occur but with strict
    not licenced for use or in defence.

K.

16. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am trying to imagine you Keith as a Ninja. As regards trips to japan as far as I know he has been there for the past couple of years. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 23rd November 2018 at 12:07 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast