Thread: Archie Ford - The Perso

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Archie Ford - The Perso

Hello! My grandfather, Archibald Ford, was Captain of the Perso. The family was based in Liverpool. I'm about to begin a book on his life and am hoping to find someone that might have known him. Thank you!
    Archie Ford.jpg
    8bf087bc-2e2a-4848-8103-9f500e0d8bda.jpg
    helderline.nl-perso-(1)-14304.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Archie Ford - The Perso

Hi Mark,before I started using a computer I corresponded with a lady from Wales about your grandfather. This was about 14 years ago when I replied to a letter in a shipping magazine, Sea Breezes or Ships monthly, I can't remember which. She was asking about her father who was skipper on the Perso. I replied to her query as I remembered the Perso from around 1950 when I worked in a shipping office before I went to sea. She traded to Irlam Steel works on the Manchester Ship canal with fuel oil from Heysham. I used to go aboard with mail and wages, I can't really remember the captain as it is so long ago (67 years). She replied to my letter and sent me the photo which you have posted on here of your grandfather and a photo of the Perso. As I say this was before I got a computer, it was a lovely letter which I still have somewhere. Would this lady be your mother ?, I think she lived in Chepstow.
    I shall have to dig the letter out, I remember seeing it some time ago when I was going through some old photos.

Regards.........Alec Sheldon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Archie Ford - The Perso

Its sure a small World Trader!
    Now who would have thought that out of millions of People you were one who corresponded with possibly his Mum!
    Great hope that you find that letter,it will I am sure be of interest to the poster!
    Cheers

What this site brings forth! Great!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks Trader thanked for this post
    Likes Evan Lewis, Trader liked this post