Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1978 on the caroline!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 1978 on the caroline!

G'mornin all, just looking for any of the boys' off the Caroline' in 78'.We did a couple o' runs down to Cape Town and took off for the Pacific Islands, Kiwi & Beyonnnnnnnd! Landed back at Portbury with one engine just in time for the last lock in before crimbo'(22/12/78). Jazza', you out there?Colin Richmond?Who was the Mate on the two runs down the Cape? ad that bit o' totty on-board(ist run) and got caught out second trip down??Had a dodgy eye?I can see her wavin' up to us while we were tying up! lol!
    I met up with some of the boys down in Bluff next trip on one o the Wild' boats(p&o) Was it the Nick' or New PLYMOUTH? We took the punt round and did some additional' painting one evening!! 'ROOTY TOOT TOOT JAZZA'S FRUIT! they made us tow the punt round next day to paint over it.Jeeez! bad head!lol! .Anybody remember Sally& Ruth from Napier?and is Mick Simms still down there growing the water melons??(re-Hobart Star 75' split pin')?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Memorable i Bet!

Hi Kevin,
    No sorry not one of the Guys you are seeking,but sounds like you had some fun on the Runs there mate!
    Hope you enjoyed your Shore trips in Cape Town and that the people were good to you!
    Nice place! (Well i would say that haha!)
    Hope you get some good replies from some old mates that sailed with you on those memorable trips@
    When i saw Bluff i thought it was the Bluff in Durban haha!
    Cheers

PS Was this the Radio Ship?
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 20th June 2009 at 09:46 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool Frank Clark

I wonder If any one out there remebers me...I was on several Port Line Ships early sixties..
    Port Launceston..Townsville..Montreal..Melbourne..Brisb ane..down in the engine rooms..a wonderful time to be at sea on the old Commwealth runs..2 months around Aussie/NZ... and of course the ship everybopdy wanted to get on the Port Montreal which went from Japan to NZ and the various Paciffic Islands crew sent out for a year......did one trip on a Shaw Savill ship...then onto BP Mariner..maden voyage out of Falmonth.
    It would be nice to hear from any-body...crew members that i do remember Ginger/Terry/Penuts on the Townville...Terry sent me dvd of a party held on the Townville in the Pig/Whistle...
    mad Mitch alway singing the Beach Boys Good Vibrations.... when drunk and could he sing....
    Great Days...
    Look forward to hearing from some one........
    Keep Smilling All
    Frank Clarkf

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Frank..Yes I remember you on the "Townsville" you were engine room with Pete Bowness..
    I keep in touch with Terry now and again and met up with him a couple of years back at a PWSTS
    reunion..Mad Mitch rings a bell...I was on the "Melbourne" with him either just before you or just after...
    Regards .Dave Spencer (Ginger)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Port Townsvile

Hi Ginger
    That was a great ship and crew...., I have one or two pictures of you and Terry Doughty and others, mucking about on the aft deck with Clive...the steward and the ship tiger....also at Dannys Bar Antwerp..... was it you who did a moonie on the dock side in Hobart as when a couple of Nunns were comming of the ship after a Kids party.....the old man loged you if I remember Ha Ha... Alan who played a mean guitar who I think jump ship in NZ...and good old George (who shook like a jelly fish) also played to the annoyance Alan...and me on the bongo drums...I had up to recently you on tape singing the openning part of wipe-out do you remember that.....?
    Good to hear from you Ginger..
    Frank

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Dannys Bar

Good God. Dannys bar in Antwerp, that is the first time that I have heard of the bar in years. I remember having a good time in Dannys bar back in the early 60s, when I was on the Port Pirie and was Galley Boy, Those were the days. Take care.......Terry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Danny's bar

I actually danced with DANNY of Danny's bar Antwerp. She, or was it He, was so large in girth, I coud not get my arms around it. Oh my! I was only seventeen, but I should have known better. How terribly embarrising, but the beer was good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i was on the caroline that trip 78 we was on a search fore a ship that sank the muchen just before we paid off 22dec

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Chicago

I was on port caroline going through pannama canal i was on the wheel or joy stick & starboard screw ran into bank we came back to avonmouth on one screw full of butter from kiwi jazza & colin richmond were there the only kevin i remember was a steward mite have been bar sreward billy adams was bosun & the gipsy was bosuns mate payed off avonmouth xmas time rejoined in liverpool sailed for capetown in feb paddy baret was the bosun that trip & thwait was mate dock in hull with cargo of fruit i paid off & flue to brenam to join sax they called me chicago chris littlehales a.b.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Port brisbane 75

Hi spence i was on brisbane joined liverpool coasting you pay off with bradly in tilbery june75 i have some pic of you anyone for a taxi & you doing that dance in the corner on seat in bar i have put some on this site then we took her to scrap hong kong 1975

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast