Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1978 on the caroline!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Port Line

Hi Barry. Thank's for replying. I have never lived in London. I came from a little market Town called FAVERSHAM. in Kent. I joined Port Line from the Vindi in April 1994. I now live in FOLKESTONE. and am still working as a Chef. 2 more years to go before I can retire. Take care..... Terry Willcox. ( 2, LLs )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

G'day Lee and welcome to the site. Do you have a list of the ships you sailed on maybe with some dates? If you do and care to post them on site you may well get to hear from some who knew you. So sit back with a cold one and enjoy the voyage.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hi ex Napier

Hi Kevin,

I was one of the girls on that trip and have a heap of photos taken in Napier, Timaru etc. These include photos of the fancy dress night. Colin Richmond, Roger - steward, Steve the cook, Andy the AB, Terry Needham etc.
    Often wondered what happened to Steve as we shared a flat for a bit and lost touch.

Smiles Jen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Reply to Aussie John

Thanks for your reply John, I have put a list of ships I was on the 'My Ships' page

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default port line ships

i sailed in eng room on a few port ships between 74 and 78 - caroline, new plym, nicholson & auckland - i often wonder where some of the lads from that time are now particularly mick chance (ab), bob (bubbles) simeon (ab), clem thorpe (ab), fred ? ( ab /bosuns mate from cardiff - cant remember freds surname now but crackin bloke ), pete bradley (ab), dave ford ( ab) and loads of others.
    if any of you are out there it would be great to hear from you - only saw this website today and it really makes me homesick for those times 30 odd years ago.
    cheers,
    david allan
    southampton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

G'day davidalan and welcome to the site. Good list of names you have there, do you still have a lsit of your ships and maybe some dates? If you do and care to post them on site there is a good chance someone from the past will contact you. So sit back with a cold one and enjoy the voyage.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

sorry kev,i was on the caroline around 76 to 77 ,did the kiwi and aussie runs and south america and black sea ports,had some good times,hope to hear from anyone at all with port caroline stories,i was also on the port nicholson as well in 77...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

G'day Robert and welcome to the site. Do you have a list of the ships you sailed on ans maybe some dates? If so and you care to list them on site it is possible you will get to hear from some who knew you. So sit back with a cols one and enjoy the voyage.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i sailed with billie adams,he was a great guy and i also sailed with thwaite the first mate..both of them was on the port caroline..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi all,unfortunately my discharge book was stolen from me some time ago and i do not have exact dates of all ships i sailed on but from memory i was on the port caroline in 76/77 and then the port nicholson 77/78,i then went to the servia i think it was a cunard ship and i did the banana runs on them,i then left and went to jebsons and did a maiden voyage joining up in japan on one of there ice breakers and did the new foundland /canada runs and then also sweden /norway etc and i stayed with jebsens for a couple of years and then joined a small tanker running up to peterhead for a few months and then did the car ferrys running out of grimsby to germany for mainly bmw cars..all of this was between 76 and 81 when i eventually paid off my last trip and never returned to sea anymore....some of the ships i was on was called the farnes the brimnes the servia the autostrada....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast