Likes (Received)

Default terry

Hi Terry, Did you ever come across Pat Goodey when you were in Port Line

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Pat Goody

Hi Barry. The name rings a bell, what Dept was he in? I sailed on quite a few Port boats, and had a number of friends and acquaintancies. I have never met anyone that I sailed with???? I know that I am getting near to retirement, but surely they have not gone acroos the bar already. I was in the catering Dept, starting as Galley Boy, and finishing as Second Steward. Take care...... Terry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Dex

I was on the Port Nicholson for almost all of 1975 ie. two foregn trips and a run job followed by working by for two weeks.

Anyone sail on the Port Nic that year, either the trip to Hobart or the following one to the Gulf! and down Kiwi?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wink final countdown

Hi Terry,
    I was on the Port Pirie went it went to meet its maker in Castellon, joined in Avonmouth she
    had just been towed in, they were changing a liner in bad weather lifted the liner clear and the crane ran
    away into I think was the stbd engine did a fair bit of damage to the poor old doxford, patched her up in Avonmouth just good enough to get to Southampton to finish discharging cargo there, never seen engineers work so hard removing as much redundat and back up systems bronze and copper, paid the bloke on the gate Southampton to let small lorry in to load the swag on, sailed from Southampton with the cheeks of our asses clenched praying for good weather and the engine staying together with its patchwork and
    nothing requiring the back ups, loaded our cases on the coach for the hotel it went straight to the police station, we were lined up outside with ex franco facsists with machine guns to keep us quiet in the blazing sun, being last off the ship with chiefs papers and the ships typewriter we were last in the que went it came
    my turn to enter the nick the whole crew was inside, in the middle of the room was a huge table with a mountain of Port Pirie souveneers clocks, barometers sets of table silver Bells pictures, the cop in charge says open your suitcase soon my swag was on the table with the rest, next was my canvas bag the bosun had made me with the ships micrometers in, and all the other tidy tools from the stores they grabbed the bag to put on the table, the chief said no engineers personal tools they said OK and let me keep them, last up was the chiefs office stuff a wooden box abput 18" square clearly marked ships typewriter property of Port Line with two rope loops in the lid, chippy had excelled himself, open it up open it up they barked no screwdriver was the reply off they scurried into another room and back they came with a screw driver, out came the screws the cop grabbed the two rope handles and lifted the lid to look inside, we could see the look of dissapointment on their faces **** it just a typewriter straight back down went the lid. what they did'nt notice was the ships clock screwed to the underside of the lid which all the ships crew could see. well done chief outsmarted them spanish cops a treat!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Pat Goodey

Hi Terry,
    Pat Goodey was also 2nd Stwd in the 60's. The reason I ask is because we knew a Terry Wilcox who lived in London at that time, and he had a mate who worked in the markets. I was just wondering if you are that same person ?
    Regards Barry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default hi brian

hello brian wonder if you remember me I sailed with you a few times in port line/cunard my name is Mick McBrearty and come from harwich.I am looking for Colin Richmond wonder if you have any idea of his whereabouts.Have good memories of my time with you,if I remember rightly you lived in a pub in Deal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default mick mcbrearty

I WAS ON THE CAROLINE AT ABOUT THAT TIME,i DID 9 MONTHS ON HER ON THE BLACK SEA RUN.Looking for my old friend colin Richmond last I heard he was living in the USA,WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM HIM SO IF ANYONE KNOWS HIS WHEREABOUTS PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default welcome!

Hi Michael
    Would just like to give you a warm Welcome to this very good site!
    Here you will find lots of info,good Crew and with luck also find a few old Shipmates!
    So sit back,relax and just enjoy the trip!
    Hope we will have you here for a long time!
    A site truly worthy of the British Merchant Navy!
    Cheers

If this applies to you then please do send in your details!
    Note Well

If you would like to join in and have your Full name R Number and First Ship
    Included in the Flag project then please pass it on to Mike Hall who is doing a Main Flag for all
    to be displayed some time in one of the UK Museums!
    We need your names to get the New Flag full,so please do respond!
    Thank you
    Vernon (castleman)

Please go to following Link

http://www.merchant-navy.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=1974

Or reply to me in person! Via Private Message Link above below I will pass on the info!

http://www.merchant-navy.net/forum/p...?do=newpm&u=18

If any new Members or old ones too want a bit of info on the Flag Projects please
    Go to the following Links where you can see Pics and Write ups on this subject!
    Thanks

http://www.merchant-navy.net/gallery...ry.php?cat=558

If you have already done this then please accept my apologies!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default one of the girls

Hi Kevin,

Have some great photos of the crew from the Caroline. there are photos of Colin, Andy, Terry and others taken in the bar. Photos were taken in Napier and Timaru..

Smiles Jen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Smile

Hi Mick, I just joined this site... I sailed with Mick on a number of ships..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast