Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How to make a mountain out of a mole hill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How to make a mountain out of a mole hill

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    I fully understand that any gov minister should arrive at the destination in good condition.
    But the alleged cost of some GBP 8,000 to fly that stance I find a bit over the top.
    I can fly Oz to UK business clas for half that cost.

Could it be that the air lines are having a lend of the gov on these fares?
    Sorry John my mistake , that price @£8 k was first class business class is depending on day and departure time varies from £2875 to £4150 British Airways but that is there summer sale prices.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In the North Sea in the better companies the ones who paid travelling expenses that is , those travelling up to a Aberdeen by rail were entitled to a first class ticket. The reason for this was the seating on the train was hard to get as they were very full.As often it was a jump on ship and sail it was considered a safety factor to be properly rested . Forget which year it was but Maggie Thatcher appealed to the country to economise and she also appealed to those who got first class fares to go 3 class just until the country got back on its feet. They must never have found their feet as I never travelled other than standing in the alleyway . I left the uk in 1991 and this was still the mode of transport.
    Arriving Australia one had to have 12 hours off before joining ship if travel time was in excess of 6 hours front door to gangway. If took a ship back on a run job to Singapore say , had 3 days RNR not Royal Navy Reserve , with 100$ a day spending money , and hotel and meals paid for. Previous to my arrival was 4 days Leave did not start until you walked through your front door . Was like going from penury to riches and was the most beneficial 11 years of my total time at sea. JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th May 2023 at 10:57 AM.
    R575129

4. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #19
    good evening, my wife is the best peace maker i know of, because as she has stated often enough, ( i will only tell you once )
    tom
    ps before you say anything squeak squeak

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#23 hi Thomas you had every right to call her Colt 45 then , wasn’t that what they called in the American west as the peacemaker or was it Widowmaker ? JS
    R575129

7. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They used to blame to many people having cars for the world warming up, I think to blame the ordinary people for it. My wife has always said that the worst offenders are airplanes, during Covid when people couldn't travel there was not too much said about it, but now it's on again, Tot huge planes landed in Sydney carrying Biden's amoured cars he cancelled, so they went back, no lame on him but the amount of travel by planes have increased so much, A new air line has just started up here to Vietnam. I remember my sister in Wales saying that when they oppend London airport and all those planes flying to the States she coued watch the stream lines merging and then came the rain.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

9. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Princess Cruises, not the only ones, now have two ships all on LPG, so Des if you want to cruise your wife will not have to worry about all the Co2.

But our state gov now has perfected the act of turning molehills into monster mountains in the state budget.

We now have to pay for all the money he gave us during the Pandemic to keep us going, fine you may say, but for many it will be maybe ten times what he gave us each.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #24
    good evening, as a keen film watcher of westerns years ago, for as you know the early ones had the single shot cap and ball, i dont know if they where the peacemaker, but the later films, i believe the cowboys all carried the colt 45. which i think could be the widow maker, but what has always left me puzzled is how do they fire so many bullets out of a six shot revolver,and where do they get all of the bullets from.
    as for the wife im just glad she has never been able to get her hands on one.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looking like the home secretary may have more explaining to do!!!

Suella Braverman accused of fresh ministerial code breaches over undisclosed links to Rwanda.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3