Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to make a mountain out of a mole hill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How to make a mountain out of a mole hill

The £8 k was business class return London /New York. Only mentioned the £8k as thought your £4k was a few quid light. My #2 was to bring to your attention that Cleverly has wasted £400,000 of tax payers money. Then you mentioned Rachel Reeves £4 k flight. Ah well never mind let's not fall out going of thread, happens here at times.
    But who uses Boris posh RAF Voyager plane?

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As world travellers we seamen know how vast these countries are, where as the average shore wallah thinks that going from Caracas to Buenos Aries is akin to London to Glasgow. Do we really want our Foreign Secretary on Trade Missions stepping off the local Easyjet, that's if it operates on the day it says its supposed to, hardly an image a country wants to portray on a Mission. Would be lucky to visit three countries in eight days in S A , where-as unlike others haven't gone into minute detail, but understand it was eight countries in eight days. Having had to conduct business in South America the private plane is sometimes the only option to meet a timetable obligation. Like the USA the airways are treated like buses, and if there is no bus available then you get a taxi (aka a private plane). Whats £.5 million when chasing billions in trade. For gawd's sake we spend more than that a day housing illegal immigrants with no benefit to the UK, and before a certain person jumps on a states where would our NHS be without immigrants, please take note of the word 'illegal'

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi des #3
    good evening, considering that the united nations backed by the united states of america together with the united kingdom and the european union in 2014 told the ukrainian people to overturn its legitimately elected goverment and the ukraine will become a member of Nato and the european union immediately and that those goverments i have outlined together with the united nations sanctioned the very deed knowing that they where placing the ukrainian people in direct conflict with russia, and they have been fighting a proxy war financed by the countries i have outlined and overseen by nato, Why well thats a question that should be answered by america because they are the instigators and the largest financiers of the proxy war.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    As world travellers we seamen know how vast these countries are, where as the average shore wallah thinks that going from Caracas to Buenos Aries is akin to London to Glasgow. Do we really want our Foreign Secretary on Trade Missions stepping off the local Easyjet, that's if it operates on the day it says its supposed to, hardly an image a country wants to portray on a Mission. Would be lucky to visit three countries in eight days in S A , where-as unlike others haven't gone into minute detail, but understand it was eight countries in eight days. Having had to conduct business in South America the private plane is sometimes the only option to meet a timetable obligation. Like the USA the airways are treated like buses, and if there is no bus available then you get a taxi (aka a private plane). Whats £.5 million when chasing billions in trade. For gawd's sake we spend more than that a day housing illegal immigrants with no benefit to the UK, and before a certain person jumps on a states where would our NHS be without immigrants, please take note of the word 'illegal'
    Ivan so why not use the plane that Boris had the flashy paint job done on? RAF Voyager. I thought the idea was to create a good impression for the UK. It does look impressive so why does it not seem to be being used.

Sunak took £500,000 worth of private jet trips in less than a fortnight. No EASY JET or Ryanair for these lads eh!!!!rafvoyagertakeoff2506.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As I understand it (no doubt I will be corrected )private plane was put at his disposal upon his arrival on that Continent, no doubt all the detractors would have been screaming blue murder about air pollution if the other plane had been used for an intercontinental flight.

I for one don't object to our Govt using private transport if it helps them in their workload, which none of us can imagine, they can hardly bring out highly confidential papers to work on sitting in economy on easyjet or public rail, although on rail they could reserve a carriage, but they wouldn't be guaranteed a return journey or even the train keeping to schedule.

So many of this things complained about are just so petty in the whole scheme of running a country, but everyone is entitled to their views.

So many experts, but I've never noticed anyone here saying that they have put their name forward for the local council, the first step on the path to reaching utopia and running the country to their impossible ideals, one thing's for sure they wouldn't be using public transport (if its anything like ours) to reach their various meetings and other obligations

8. Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

While I agree that government ministers for reasons of security while on business trips abroad should be allowed to travel on Private aircraft. But is it really necessary to charter one of the worlds most expensive luxury planes? So between the PM & Foreign Secretary they have handed the tax payer a bill for £900,000!! Why not use the RAF Voyager plane that had the £900,000 paint job, this was for Government service or for use of the Royal Family.
    Anyway never mind all round to Number 10 for a knees up.
    Ps: bring a bottle.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#15 very true Ivan there’s very few who put their money where their mouth is and this is in all walks of life. Some even hide behind other people when doing so. Stolen identity is a curse itself and as soon as the police make a bigger thing of it , their phones might start ringing with a few tip offs. There are more con games on this media alone especially on old people. I get tired of reading and hearing about the actions to take to safeguard bank accounts etc. and yet people still fall for it. Government officials are taking the right action, most slavery one listens to is just that mainly with an actual green profile , although saying that that maybe colour prejudice . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thomas michael View Post
    hi des #3
    good evening, considering that the united nations backed by the united states of america together with the united kingdom and the european union in 2014 told the ukrainian people to overturn its legitimately elected goverment and the ukraine will become a member of Nato and the european union immediately and that those goverments i have outlined together with the united nations sanctioned the very deed knowing that they where placing the ukrainian people in direct conflict with russia, and they have been fighting a proxy war financed by the countries i have outlined and overseen by nato, Why well thats a question that should be answered by america because they are the instigators and the largest financiers of the proxy war.
    tom
    Thomas the UN is a laugh, we have NATO, the Arab union, the South American countries in a block, the South African 's the same and now we have AUCUS, the money wasting UN should be scrapped, they were bad enough forcing Britain to sell or give their shipping fleet to poor countries, and depriving Britain's youth of work.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

12. Thanks j.sabourn, thomas michael thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The best peace keeping Organization Des , was run by Lord Baden Powell and called the Boy Scouts and was universal . Their motto also the most useful Be Prepared . Beat the Hitler Youth hands down. Cheers JS
    R575129

14. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I fully understand that any gov minister should arrive at the destination in good condition.
    But the alleged cost of some GBP 8,000 to fly that stance I find a bit over the top.
    I can fly Oz to UK business clas for half that cost.

Could it be that the air lines are having a lend of the gov on these fares?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

16. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast