Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default IT

i have just spent the past six hours at time in an emotional state, care of BBC presentation via our TV network of the coronation.
    It brought back some vivid memories of 1953 and the Queen.
    A memorable occasion for all.

I consider myself to be among those who have lived in three reigns, George 6 Queen Elizabet 2 and now Charles 3, only Des with Edward 8 has seen more.
    Two coronations to go with that.

I consider my self to be extremely grateful, some what special and very humble by this fact.

Though I may be some 12,000 miles away for the six hours my heart was there for every second.
    I am a considered monarchist of great strength, long live the king.

You take the Pom out of England, but you can never take the monarchy out of the Pom.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: IT

Strange enough as IT may seem John, even though being a South African Born and Bred, have also always considered myself a Monarchist to the full, as we were under the British Monarchy for so long it was inbred in many of us there!

Then of course having been in the RAF and Merchant Navy (So proud too) and living in the UK for a number of Years, helped strengthen that .

Yes there as said the Monarchy lives on be it possibly not as it was many Years ago, but England needs it i am sure! So saying that again i end

God Save the King!!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only slight hiccup that I observed was when Charles managed to upturn the edge of a mat, however the cameras did not dwell on this and someone must have put straight in case anyone slipped on.
    For all these people who cry at the cost of things I would like to see an itemised list of things. The whole. Ceremony from leaving the palace to back to palace is mainly a military affair done with their usual world wide known precision , and rather than be in barracks or on ships are better off carrying out their duties , so I wonder how the counters of shekels allow for that as an expense , maybe they count the small cash payments they may receive as bonuses . The horses may get an extra feed of hay as well. Makes you wonder why there is no public outcry for the Expense of the armed forces whenever they go on manoeuvres . Any costs associated with the ceremony witnessed yesterday would disappear in short shift by the monies spent in gifts to third world or war torn countries .It is better spent in Britain and on Britons. Any costings that are tried to be put out by the media or brain washed republicans I would put in the dustbin where it belongs . Hope Harry got home safely and stays there . God save the King. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well john i agree on the statement you just made .......but of course the whingers are already complaining about being stopped by the police for carrying whistles megaphones and other eqipments to cause alarm ......off with there heads ...........that would cause alarm .......lol......i do wonder where these whingers get there money to live from as the constant stopping of citiizens getting to work ....as the fools lie in the road when others are going to there employment .....is probably financed......by the benefits that the guys going to work are paying in taxes .....strange world we now live in .....any way what a show we put on for the world to see ......SOME CHICKEN .....SOME NECK ....GOD SAVE THE KING .....CAPPY R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Cappy.
    I would not think of disrupting what people think is their right to enjoy, and agree with you. Why not hold their own parade say on Clapham common to Gage how many people support them. These days I'm a drifter like I was at sea, drift here drift there, settle to what I enjoy.
    This morning my wife drifted me outside to hang the washing, ended up with blue fingers, I bet you never saw this kind of snow in Whyala.
    Cheers to you and yours.
    Des

Snow one.jpg
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    i have just spent the past six hours at time in an emotional state, care of BBC presentation via our TV network of the coronation.
    It brought back some vivid memories of 1953 and the Queen.
    A memorable occasion for all.

I consider myself to be among those who have lived in three reigns, George 6 Queen Elizabet 2 and now Charles 3, only Des with Edward 8 has seen more.
    Two coronations to go with that.

I consider my self to be extremely grateful, some what special and very humble by this fact.

Though I may be some 12,000 miles away for the six hours my heart was there for every second.
    I am a considered monarchist of great strength, long live the king.

You take the Pom out of England, but you can never take the monarchy out of the Pom.
    John.
    You missed one George the Fifth.
    DEs
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Even the sound of Kingdom sounds better than Republic . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    John.
    You missed one George the Fifth.
    DEs

Sorry Des, forgot about him , my apology.
    As to the snow, well kit is getting close to Winter, have seen such before in that season LOL
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Worst snow i ever saw worldwise des was in i think it was 1946 ........we lived in a prefab in shields ......my old man was just back from france and when he opened the front door the snow was up to the eaves ........that was when a few days later we had chicken for dinner it was the ist time i had chicken .....but it was the day my pet wild rabbit dissapeared from its hutch .....we searched hi and low for it to no avail......but a few months later like a thought from the blue ....there was four of us and we all had a chicken .leg......think i grew up at 5 years old.....lol R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Even the sound of Kingdom sounds better than Republic . JS
    Be careful John , Kingdom, the LBGQABCXYZ+ will be complaining

12. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast