Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just Stop Oil

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just Stop Oil

Vic, I am sure you are well capable of making up your own mind. Oh and you do not need to buy it pick it up at the Library.

I never buy books now I use the library, the amount of books I read in a year would be costing me a fortune.

But the book is basically about how the Eton boys went to Oxford spent a lot of time missing lectures and drunk.And left with a limited education .

George Osbourne gained a 2.1 in Modern History closest he got to a qualification to economics was an "O" level maths.
    Boris Johnson gained a 2nd class honours degree in Classics, Ancient Literatureand Classical Philosophy, Ideal for running the country. Michael Gove( originally a Labour party member) Upper second degree in English. Theresa May also went to Oxford she got a second class degree in Geography, probably helped her find her way to Brussels. Liz Truss also went Oxford she has a Bachelors Degree, which is an Under Graduates degree, PPE, David Cameron at least he has a first class honours degree also an Oxford graduate.
    Michael Gove ran Boris Johnsons campaign to be president of the Oxford Union. Gove ,Cameron, Johnson, Osborne, Mogg all old Etonians.
    It was at Oxford the plan was hatched for Brexit. Dominic Cummings also Oxford first class history degree. Jacob rees Mogg Upper second class in History.

Just a mention about the Bullington boys, at one of there infamous parties a live fox was brought in in a cage released inside the room and the game was to kill the Fox by throwing empty bottles of Bollinger Champange. Bullington boys. They members had to swear an oath Omertà, basically never tell on a club member.Boris-Dave-and-George-Buller-1987-Daily-Telegraph.jpg the photo shows .The Bullingdon Club, Oxford, 1987. Boris Johnson is seated third at the front, David Cameron second from left at rear.

The nation deserves all it gets for electing these idiots. A bunch of horray Henrys who only ever had there own ambitions in mind and never gave a toss for the citizens and the well being of the UK. Class and privilege the ruin of this nation.
    Last edited by James Curry; 2nd May 2023 at 10:58 PM.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Jim R Christie liked this post
    Marian Gray Guest

#11, This incident re fox was written by the Bohemian Author Evelyn Waugh in his novel... ''The Decline and Fall'' first published in 1928, as a satirical slant on the behaviour of the ''Oxford Bullingdon Club'' which he named the 'Bollinger Club' in reference to the said Champagne. The club was mentioned again in a much later novel ''Brideshead Revisited''

Unless you can provide a true written said account as fact, then your argument is sullied. A moot point perhaps, but not all members past and present of the Bullingdon Club were or are Conservatives MP's!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James, you delude yourself if you think any one political party is better than the other, they are all corrupt!!!!

We have a minister for employment, never had a job in his life.
    Went to Uni, as did many, and read a subject as many did which had little to do with every day life.
    Left Uni and got a job as a staffer for local MP, then into p[arliament.

That is the mark of most polis, mates helping mates is what it is about, nothing more.

Read up about how governments first came into being and then see where they are today.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Des Taff Jenkins, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John if you think I am not familiar with the shoty comings of political parties you are mistaken.
    Just doing a bit of reading up about a former Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull. He was also at Oxfod for a spell as a Rhodes scholarship.Seems to be a well educated man Bachelor of Arts in political science Bachelor of Law and a postgraduate Bachelor of Civil law. he was not overly impressed at what he observed at Oxford and the privileged classes who attended colleges in Oxford.

Just mention the book I read Chums Simon Kuber. He is a South African. He was born in Kampala Uganda, his parents are South African. He lived in Leidin in Holland as a child. he also classes himself as British and French. Why would a South African Dutchman come Brit /French have an axe to grind about. He mentions ref: to Evelyn Waugh who mentioned the Bullingdon club and the behavior of members , also mentioned is Brideshead revisited. He used the analogy to draw attention of how the privileged from Eton behaved.

Done with this now

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James, for your information as of 2019, 28 Labour Mps, educated at Oxford, 21 at Cambridge and another 152 at other unnis.
    Vic
    R879855

9. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dianna Abbot was ex Cambridge enough said about so called Red Brick Universities. Philby Burgess & McClean I think were also Cambridge?
    Me being from Birkenhead it was Liverpool Polytechnic for me. Having went to Saint Anslems RC College no point in a northern lad applying to Oxbridge. Not having come from an upper class background and being an RC thought I would give it a miss.
    Last edited by James Curry; 3rd May 2023 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Burgess and Maclean were both communists.
    Vic
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes so was Philby and Blunt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Enough now please Lads! Its getting Boring Boring!!!!!
    Thanks
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

14. Thanks Colin Wood thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marian.
    My wife just got a Jane Austin book out of the Library, said it was so good to read beautiful English prose again.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast