Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Might work

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Might work

We heard today that your PM is going to bring a bill to parliament to stop the illegals arriving.

About bloody time if you ask me!!
    Transporting them back to the point of starting from or to another country as far as I could understand.
    He made the comment that Australia and USA had done this with great success so why not UK.

Yes it works here, we turn them back if they try and it has been in force since 2011.

The UN coalition for refugees said this practice is illegal, so are the bloody boat people!!
    But at no time did they ever accuse Oz of being that way..
    As it was stated by PM J. Howard back in the 90's,' We will decide who comes to this country, when and by what means'.

All nations have the right to say who can come into them, about time the UK grew some balls and did something about it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Might work

The different factions are already at work to try and stop this bill working before it even gets through parliament. The ECHR has said that it breaks the rules, funny it didn't seem to break the rules when the EU shipped all the migrants back to Turkey from Greece, which we know worked. the UN has now come in and said it breaks the law of Human Rights, and is illegal, well so are those coming in illegal. I just hope Sunak sticks to his guns.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Australian government have paid $70 million in compensation to 1900 refugees
    There are now 239 refugees and asylum seekers held offshore by Australia – 109 on Nauru and 130 in Papua New Guinea – putting the budget spend at $3.39m for each person next year.

The Australian government has offered A$70 million ($53 million, 47 million euros) in compensation after asylum seekers sued after allegedly suffering harm at a camp on Manus Island between 2012 and 2016

Yes the UK has to do something to stop the flow of boat people crossing the channel. Ordering the RNLI to stop the channel taxi service would be a good start.

Leaving the EU also took the UK out of the Dublin Agreement .

The Dublin agreement is a mechanism in the European Union, which helps identify which country is responsible for processing the asylum application of someone belonging to a non-EU country or a stateless person. In other words, the law determines which country will process the application of a person seeking asylum under the Geneva Convention.

The European Commission has committed to reforming the Dublin Regulation. Whilst the UK Government decided not to opt in, proposals were put forward for a Dublin IV regulation in 2016. These have proved contentious. Under the plans, a ‘corrective allocation mechanism’ would be introduced. This means asylum seekers would be automatically reallocated to another Member State if a country faced a disproportionate number of applications. A Member State would have the option to temporarily opt out but would have to make a “solidarity contribution’ of €250,000 per applicant, according to the European Commission.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...be%20processed.

In a no-deal scenario the UK will no longer participate in Dublin III. The Immigration, Nationality and Asylum (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 will come into force on exit day and revoke the Dublin Arrangements, although existing family reunion applications will be processed.
    Well someone is making money!!!!

4. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see the great Gary Lineker has put in a good word about the UK treatment of these people, comparing it to the Nazis of the 1930s. I think there'll be even more people turning off their telly's when he's on in future. And to think we pay his wages with money forced out of us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Heard that this mornings news Johnny, sooner that plonker is put out to grass the better.I cannot stand him on Match of the Day, as a football pundit he has lost the plot, thankfully he is not on MOD 2 on Sunday.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Kieran View Post
    I see the great Gary Lineker has put in a good word about the UK treatment of these people, comparing it to the Nazis of the 1930s. I think there'll be even more people turning off their telly's when he's on in future. And to think we pay his wages with money forced out of us.
    Just shows he has no grasp of history, in addition to his over inflated ego

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The BBC PAY HIM 1,2 MILLION POUNDS A YEAR I have to pay a hundred and sixty pounds towards it out of my miserable pension

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

as regards us leaving the EU and disadvantages ref migrants, i don't seem to recall us being able to return them whence they came, ie France, well before 2016, this problem is mainly caused by the EU, with its own leaky borders, and freedom to roam once in Europe.
    R689823

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Marian Gray Guest

#8, Good Morning Keith, The arrangement with France is a stinker for the UK and costs a fortune to boot. France only ever cares about France IMHO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marian They never forgave us for hammering Bonepart, we and the French have never cooperated, unless they want something.
    R689823

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast