Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 100 year china

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 100 year china

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    Shares rise and fall, government should buy shares when low, sell some when high and then bank the profit over the years build up majority share holding and take control???
    Our State Finance Minister has just resigned his post, he was behind the sale of the Toleways which was built be the Sate, now it has been disclosed he has shares in Toleways.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Announced today the plan for a state run elec company would require one of the existing private companies to come on board.
    It also suggests that super funds could own up to 49% with the gov holding the 51%.
    Super funds ae required by law to invest in responsible competent companies that will produce a profit most times.
    This concept is not a flyer.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

French government to re nationalise EDF, expected to cost €10 billion. EDF is the 4th largest electric supplier in the UK. EDF made £1.1 Billion from the in the UK. €10 billion not a lot really when you say it quickly.

6. Likes Tony Taylor, weebobby, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

French government to re nationalise EDF, expected to cost €10 billion. EDF is the 4th largest electric supplier in the UK. EDF made £1.1 Billion from the in the UK. €10 billion not a lot really when you say it quickly.
    so at that rate the UK customers would pay for it in 10 years?

8. Thanks James Curry thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Exactly Tony, No way should Utility suppliers ever be sold especially to foreign owned companies. I understand the new Nuke plants are being built by the Chinese and EDF, so EDF soon to be owned by the friendly french government and our far east friends China. THe government should be charged with assisting industrial sabotage.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Exactly Tony, No way should Utility suppliers ever be sold especially to foreign owned companies. I understand the new Nuke plants are being built by the Chinese and EDF, so EDF soon to be owned by the friendly french government and our far east friends China. THe government should be charged with assisting industrial sabotage.
    Probably with built in hidden software so they can be remotely shut down when we upset them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gas, electricity and water bills would be far lower if the companies were renationalised. At present they are run to make huge profits, the directors are filling their pockets with million pound salaries while shareholders are given bonuses on top of their their dividends.
    We were once told by the Tories to switch suppliers if our bills were too high, we don't hear that message now because everyone's bills are too high regardless of supplier.
    Water companies are a monopoly, if dissatisfied with the service received it is impossible to change companies because there is no competition. Raw sewage is pumped into our rivers and sea's daily, the price of private enterprise.

12. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Tony Taylor, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The cost of power is going to rise again despite the massive profits they've already made. Something going on wrong here somehow.

14. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Kieran View Post
    The cost of power is going to rise again despite the massive profits they've already made. Something going on wrong here somehow.
    Not for the profiteers its not.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are more than 3000 electric companies, distribution companies or utilities in the US with three types of ownerships, Invester owned-publicly run or managed utilities. and are connected to a national grid, where surplus energy can be stored for later high need usage or sold.

ownership is made up the following descending ownership; cooperative, municipal, retail power market, investor owned, political subdivisions, wholesale power markets and state owned. (In size descending order.)

All are state regulated as to safety. performance and pricing.

It works fine by me. I've lived in the West, North-East, South-East and now Central USA. Never been without power other than caused by Earthquake, Hurricane, Storm etc. at the most out of power for a couple of days.

Price increases must be approved by either state or local governments, who are not overly concerned at approving higher costs that are of no benefit to them and detrimental if passed.

Most are areas are tied into the national grid, where surplus is stored and sold as in a market. The only exception to this (I think) is Texas, who has its own grid, and the Texans are paying for it now as they have been having problems with massive breakdown. Everywhere else in the country is fine.

My electric bill is high for me now, because I occupy the same space as when my late wife was alive, and the bill is the same for me as it was for the two of us with two incomes coming in. But that's my choice to live in a larger apartment than a regular single person would have. I say bugger it, I'm not paying for it anyway, my heirs are.

Cheers, Rodney
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast