Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The great reset

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The great reset

If you tack books on to Schwab Vic , brings them all up, here's one, i have not read though,

https://www.weforum.org/press/2022/0...e-great-reset/
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The old school tie and class system is still valuable currency in UK. Wearers of the ties can expect to stroll through life with doors wide open for them, family and school connections ensure a smooth ride to the top.
    Even the dumbest can succeed as a look at recent history shows. Mark Thatcher, David Cameron, George Osborne, Boris Johnson and Prince Andrew are just a few examples of the old school tie at work.

As to the two members of the extreme right who regularly share their conspiracy theories with us on this MN site but never mention ships, seagoing experiences or anything else connected to the MN why are they here?

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The old school tie ? I think I can see your point of view Louis as came across it in my early years , it was common in the armed forces but today is not so prevalent . I tried in the early 50s to get get into naval establishments and the enquires were more in respect of your ancestry than anything else. Even after going to sea the big liner companies were more interested in your pedigree..However the sea is a great leveller and think in the past 50 years or so it is an equal playing field.. I can only speak for merchant shipping and not other industries , I had my own ups and downs of fitting in coming from a different background than quite a few others , but all in all life is just that proving yourself as good as anyone else . Today I think the uk stands as well as any other country in equality amongst the general public . There are still a few of what we used to call snobs around but they are more in the minority today . And are usually outnumbered in any case . Politics are a different thing however and is more about scheming on deviousness on how to maintain their position in a not too popular decisions they try to make or not make as the case may be. Cheers JS .
    It’s just a pity today there are no ships to practice on .
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 1st December 2022 at 01:20 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Post,17 reference private education, Cameron, John so Etal.
    Look at the number of Labour MP's who have had private education, none of them sets the Heather on fire.
    Dianne Abott was privately educated, I rest my case. LOL
    Vic

- - - Updated - - -

Schwab when googled brinks up information on banking and investment funds.
    I can see no other info. maybe a bi more clarification John, please.
    Vic
    How is this for starters Vic.
    https://t.co/DCY8EzsyB6 https://t.co/pl77GvbvIz
    (https://twitter.com/StopTheWEFusa/st...1BNg7YqIA&s=03)
    Last edited by John Cassels; 1st December 2022 at 07:09 PM.

6. Likes thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    The old school tie and class system is still valuable currency in UK. Wearers of the ties can expect to stroll through life with doors wide open for them, family and school connections ensure a smooth ride to the top.
    Even the dumbest can succeed as a look at recent history shows. Mark Thatcher, David Cameron, George Osborne, Boris Johnson and Prince Andrew are just a few examples of the old school tie at work.

As to the two members of the extreme right who regularly share their conspiracy theories with us on this MN site but never mention ships, seagoing experiences or anything else connected to the MN why are they here?
    The old school tie is just another type of union .......supposedly each looking out for one another .....although i cannot recall seeing many union masters without mega pensions ...homes paid for by there servants and wages beyond the capabilities of any of there members ever earning but on a much lower scale financially than ....the old school tie brigade who gamble for much bigger fishand sadly usually come out on top money wise in life .....having mulled over the above statement i know of not one old school tie brigadeers......but do at the moment realise what a state my beloved country is in by the actions of the strikes caused by the union leaders wishing to take control of this country ....pity the same effort wasnt put into the P AND O DEBACLE ....... i am not a union member my union is my family and friends......i was freeborn and remain so .........no union ever told me what wage i would earn......but would have stopped me working without joining there charade... happily i got by without some scargill.....lynch ....red rob ......or the any other slater like character paying such a large part in the decimation of our countries industries......but there you are thats my view freeborn and stayed that way R683532

9. Thanks Louis the fly thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The above rant is from an ex member of the National Union of Seaman.
    Enough said, best to just ignore.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Interesting
    Interesting ? , not even a mild concerning ?.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    The above rant is from an ex member of the National Union of Seaman.
    Enough said, best to just ignore.
    Louis you worked in the north sea with the support of your union .....for less money and for more hours than i paid a female sewing machinist in a warm factory .....with breakfast supplied free and of course no union dues to pay .....as for ignore my statement ......well that ashole of a comment shows what a working donkey for the old school tie you have been all your life .....you have been ignored ......keep up the good work.....while others live off your ignorance ....louis the fly ...FFS what an effin title... sums up your life methinks R683532

13. Thanks Louis the fly thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#28, it's like just the protest group Just Stop Oil, which is funded from the Climate Emergency Fund, which is funded by Aileen Getty, of the oil fame.
    Vic
    PS I can find no trace of such group protesting in the USA.
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 2nd December 2022 at 10:19 AM.
    R879855

15. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast