Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: the mini budget up-date

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: the mini budget up-date

Just been reading the life story of Stoltenberg the Nato chief on Wikileaks , you want to be careful he doesn't come over and stand for the Labour Party, apparently he is a clone of Tony Blair.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sir Steer Clear has set out his vision for the future.
    He claims the Labor party will collect some 170 billion GBP from a windfall tax on oil and gas companies.

But!!!!

That figure comes from a Bloomburg article last August.

It originated in an upgraded estimate from Treasury.
    They say they do not recognize the Bloomburg article saying the best estimate for such tax.

Thye say the best estimate is some 21billion GBP over the next five years.
    But sadly there are some who will believe Steer cLear.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    Well, whichever side of the divide you fall on, it doesn't seem to be having much effect on peoples' activity at the moment.
    Friday the 24th. I took my wife out for her birthday, up the coast to Seahouses expecting it to be quiet seeing as holidays were over and kids back to school. Wrong, it was heaving, absolutely crammed, no parking available, despite having large car parks. So we carried on up the coast to Bamburgh as I thought we might take lunch at the Lord Crewe Arms; no joy there either the village was jam packed, the whole frontage of the pub was taken with someone in a shiny blue Jag parked across the cars already in there blocking them in, so we gave up and went home.
    Scroll forward seven days, had a run down to Shields, same again, very busy as well.
    I think I will try Mondays in future.
    Well tony .....the lord crew arms is certainly the eating place of the moment...pat and i are off shortly but booked our meal there some 5 or so weeks ago .....we also booked the lobster pot .....people are spending money like its going out of fashion....political goings on dont effect what people do .....they just get on with life and the retirement they planned for...unless they didnt plan at all ....then just whinge on about life in general and blame the government.....or anyone who will listen to them ...looking forward to the haddocks cod lobster and mussels .....and some good sea air ......might even slope off and see that old girlfriend of JS.... Grace Darling.... he told me she let him row her boat ......without a life jacket......R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Go careful with her legs Cappy she had two good ones the last time I saw her. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You POMS think you have problems. The "WEIRD MOB" we have got, promised to reduce electricity costs, in power the answer, shut down Power stations. WE used to laugh at the 'Land of the long white cloud' about the last person to leave switching off the lights. No problem here, we wont have any. We are short of labour, answer, reduce the working week so everyone gets more overtime to help increasing cost of living and send those wicked private enterprise firms broke.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wood View Post
    You POMS think you have problems. The "WEIRD MOB" we have got, promised to reduce electricity costs, in power the answer, shut down Power stations. WE used to laugh at the 'Land of the long white cloud' about the last person to leave switching off the lights. No problem here, we wont have any. We are short of labour, answer, reduce the working week so everyone gets more overtime to help increasing cost of living and send those wicked private enterprise firms broke.
    My electricity supplier keeps telling me that my power is from 100% renewable sources, so why are the prices rising so rapidly?

8. Likes Doc Vernon, cappy, thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Well tony .....the lord crew arms is certainly the eating place of the moment...pat and i are off shortly but booked our meal there some 5 or so weeks ago .....we also booked the lobster pot .....people are spending money like its going out of fashion....political goings on dont effect what people do .....they just get on with life and the retirement they planned for...unless they didnt plan at all ....then just whinge on about life in general and blame the government.....or anyone who will listen to them ...looking forward to the haddocks cod lobster and mussels .....and some good sea air ......might even slope off and see that old girlfriend of JS.... Grace Darling.... he told me she let him row her boat ......without a life jacket......R683532
    Cappy what colour of a Jag do you drive?? Is it a shiny Blue one per chance (I'm alright Jack) attitude there by whoever owned it.#18
    Last edited by James Curry; 3rd October 2022 at 09:08 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    When my kids were young I had a caravan on a private site about a mile inland, as I couldnt afford holidays away and it gave us many weekends and holidays for about 10 years. We knew the area intimately and at that time there was no problem getting in anywhere for a meal or a pint, I couldn't even afford a caravan up there now as it is so expensive.

11. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tony taylor View Post
    when my kids were young i had a caravan on a private site about a mile inland, as i couldnt afford holidays away and it gave us many weekends and holidays for about 10 years. We knew the area intimately and at that time there was no problem getting in anywhere for a meal or a pint, i couldn't even afford a caravan up there now as it is so expensive.
    its so well advertised now .....its getting like the lake district...but it is surely a beutiful area .....with friendly folk and scenic views....happy days ....cappy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    Cappy what colour of a Jag do you drive?? Is it a shiny Blue one per chance (I'm alright Jack) attitude there by whoever owned it.#18
    YER USED TO PEEL TATTIES NOW ....FECK EM ALL IM ALRIGHT JACK.....LOL

13. Likes thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi tony #26
    good morning Sadly your energy bills keep rising because renewable energy prices have been pegged to the price of fossil fuels so when those prices rise so does yours,
    tom

- - - Updated - - -

hi cappy, #29
    good morning, whatever colour your car is, i hope its vibrant and you can be seen for miles when driving down the road, best colour ever is british racing green for a jag as far as im concerned though, But i have just seen a xj6 on ebay and it has a full union jack paint job, imagine the screams if yours was that colour,
    tom

- - - Updated - - -

hi tony #28
    good morning, my wife and kids together with her family where always holidaying down in wales in the caravan, whilst i was out chasing a coin, thinking back now i wish id have spent some of my week-ends in the caravan with them.
    tom

15. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, Tony Taylor liked this post
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast