Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: the mini budget up-date

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: the mini budget up-date

James, how times has Stramer, flipped and flopped?
    Sir Keir Stramer at the Labour Party convention stated "that he was broadly in agreement with mini budget, the only thing he would reverse is the 45-40% tax cut".
    Angela Raynor on the news stated that "Labour would reverse all aspects of the mini budget".
    Seems they all have different hymn sheets.
    Vic

2. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#10. Better looking than Cappy. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    James, how times has Stramer, flipped and flopped?
    Sir Keir Stramer at the Labour Party convention stated "that he was broadly in agreement with mini budget, the only thing he would reverse is the 45-40% tax cut".
    Angela Raynor on the news stated that "Labour would reverse all aspects of the mini budget".
    Seems they all have different hymn sheets.
    Vic
    stamer is an ex lawer if there is such a thing ......he will follow the flow whether he believes it or not.....truss has seen the true state of the country .......ok she will try to keepfolk warm .....but try and take it back when things settle down .....it will be another case of ....they are taking MY benefits away.....the same unions will go on strike....the country has been financially fecked by the unending list of MY benefits....but then im surprised we havnt opened free money banks on every corner .....the call would then be for more and bigger corners.....of course anyone who listened to the man who gave the gold away .....will be smirking as prudence said ......we must save for a rainy day well them that has will be eying the interest rates going up and thinking ooh that looks good for my savings....even old george the donkey .....is looking forward to his TRUSS of hay ....as he meanders towards xmas lol ........cappy R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Myself looking forward to the interest rates going up Cappy, maybe able to make ends meet then. About 8% should just about do it thank you. For those who want to live over their means ,get another job. Put in more hours and work on it for your wife and family and your own self respect if have any. Many old age pensioners have saved during their working life and rely on the small interest they get to supplement their pension. I have yet to hear them complain to the extent of these big over weight blusterers of workers doing schoolboy hours and being overworked. JS
    R575129

6. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    myself looking forward to the interest rates going up cappy, maybe able to make ends meet then. About 8% should just about do it thank you. For those who want to live over their means ,get another job. Put in more hours and work on it for your wife and family and your own self respect if have any. Many old age pensioners have saved during their working life and rely on the small interest they get to supplement their pension. I have yet to hear them complain to the extent of these big over weight blusterers of workers doing schoolboy hours and being overworked. Js
    whoops john be careful stating you have savings .....that of course will upset the benifiteers and cause more lefties to call you a capitalist and enemy of the state ....and have savings by robbing the poor hard working fellow workers of the world or even the universe.......r683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Cappy can’t get too much interest on 3/9d. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I would not know if cappy was a handsome beast or not, but one thing I would say Liz Truss is not the lass I would be dreaming about while lying in my bunk, perhaps I am being unfair likely as not she may well have a nice personallity.

Vic you must have been at a different Labour conference than me , anyway get used to the idea Sir Keir Starmer will be the next Labour PM. Note I said Labour PM , I don't think Liz Truss will still be PM before the next General election.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, whichever side of the divide you fall on, it doesn't seem to be having much effect on peoples' activity at the moment.
    Friday the 24th. I took my wife out for her birthday, up the coast to Seahouses expecting it to be quiet seeing as holidays were over and kids back to school. Wrong, it was heaving, absolutely crammed, no parking available, despite having large car parks. So we carried on up the coast to Bamburgh as I thought we might take lunch at the Lord Crewe Arms; no joy there either the village was jam packed, the whole frontage of the pub was taken with someone in a shiny blue Jag parked across the cars already in there blocking them in, so we gave up and went home.
    Scroll forward seven days, had a run down to Shields, same again, very busy as well.
    I think I will try Mondays in future.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re # 18. One never knows what goes through people's minds so maybe they all want to make the most of time enjoying themselves before Putin nukes us.

Fouro.

12. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If I was living in Britain right now I wouldn't be worried who gets in, I would be stacking my garden with wood for the fire, if your winter is anything like we just endured I would be more worried about keeping alive. Its the start of the second month of Spring here and it was still Minus One last night.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

14. Likes thomas michael, cappy liked this post
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast