Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Budget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Mini Budget

#93 We go to Coles here Des and they now have over 12 self service tills and one woman to help customers if required , so that’s at least 12 persons now not required serVing at the tills that are now not there. Multiply that figure by all the Coles in Australia and it comes to quite a figure, JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #95
    good afternoon, im pleased to read that your humanity is still intact and indeed you are ready to impart even more of it when called for. May i suggest your entrepreneurial skills may need adjusting as obviously living in aussie in the lap of luxury you have lost your hunger, may i advise that you could in these circumstances purchase cheaply a bumper pack of party balloons, for re- sale obviously you could add by using cappys pump and fill the said balloons or by also supplying a lat and long together with a magnetized needle stuck in a cork, these add on all at cost obviouslys are endless and will be of great benifit to the misfortunate seeking a better way of life.
    please dont thank me as im now in the process of franchising the imformation i have imparted to you freely today, and im sure it will be a life saver.
    tom

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Readying my little book of naval knowledge as per the RAN for those considering naval career. I came across. A reading about tattoos. . It being very knowledgeable and owning any I I’m ediately thought of you as it mentions sailing ships. Do you know tattoos hold a special significance for sailors . Swallows denote sailing experience and according to legend each swLlow represents 5000 nautical miles of travel . An anchor denotes that a sailor has crossed the Atlantic Ocean . Crossed cannons often signified naval service. Even Popeye is quite popular. This article is written by seamen and seawomen and even Deb has flowers tattooed which are symbolic astobeing intergrated into a mans world , plus an anchor to represent they’re stable. Do you have flowers anchors and Popeyes tattooed on your body . After all that I think balloons would be very small stuff. The use of Cappys pump however the cost would be prohibitive and he would just try and fleece me again . Cheers anyway now turning in todfeama ou blowing uo French letters. JS p,ease excuse any spelling mistakes . JS
    R575129

5. Likes thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just read what I sent last night and spelling and grammar atrocious . my excuse was if I don’t go to bed the same time as wife I have to fumble around in dark , however the important part was I have NO tattoos and the tattoos shown by Bev are in safe places . Stuff about Cappy looks about right for the course though . So the needle stuck in a cork is not required. The rest of the errors is that stupid spell corrector as still insists on Peking Chinese is the only language it recognises . I thought Peking was only famous for its ducks. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 2nd October 2022 at 02:07 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #103
    good morning, tattoos have been around for thousands of years and i suppose the seamen whom had them where for a possible keepsake of their families and wives ashore due possibly to the fact of no photography or letters even, i dont possess any tattoos myself although i think fishermen where the most tattooed seamen, i met one old fisherman i think it may have been in grimsby and he had two square riggers tattooed one on each cheek, with the obvious nickname sailor, this was before benny hill or dick emmery, but i notice the swallow tattoo was always entwined with mother or father or other wife girlfriend possible,
    tom

8. Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

PM Liz Truss is running this country unpatrioticly and if she is allowed to continue in office, people in the UK are going to suffer real hardship in the months to come.
    She should be outed of office as soon as soon as possible.

Fouro.

10. Likes James Curry, Louis the fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    I became interested in politics and world events from my first trip to sea. It is a lifelong interest.
    Recent world events have brought into focus the scale of hypocrisy which exists in governments and world leaders.
    Russian occupation of large parts of Ukraine has brought outrage and condemnation, even the threat of nuclear war.
    Compare this to the occupation of Palestine by Israel which is ongoing from 1967. The occupation and building of settlements on occupied Palestinian land is illegal under international law. Where is the outrage and condemnation?
    Louis.
    How many times have the Israelis put up the German camps as a shield against being called fascist, and yet what they have done in Palestine is to enact the exact same procedures as the SS did in the Warsaw Ghettos in the second World War.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Large crowds gathered in London to mourn the British economy.
    It died very suddenly last week.

But consider 1976 when that Mr. Wilson, the PM not the one in Deniss the menace got out and left it to Jimmy Calahan to sort out, he was shafted by Maggie.
    She discovered a country almost bankrupt, that Mr. Wilson had spent all the money on pipe tobacco.

But it could be worse.
    Consider Bakino Faso in West Africa, it is now in it's second military coup in 8 months.

'And I say to myself, what a wonderful world"
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Louis mate, if any such politicians were honest and not hypocritical they would not last until smoko.
    The wheels within wheels are what drives the world.
    Not what you know, rather who you know and in some instances who you sleep with, and she may not be female at that.
    We are but pawns in all of this. constantly given the mushroom treatment.
    But at least your interest in global events does you credit, you have some concept of what is going on, more than can be said for the average man in the street.
    Many may not agree with you, but you have the courage to state your personal views, more power to your elbow mate
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Likes Louis the fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kwasi Kwarteng suggests champagne reception was a mistake after confirming U-turn on 45p tax rate plan – live

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...d7f3bde97356a8

Oh dear will attending Parties run by the money men be Kwasi's downfall, possibly.

Kwasi Kwarteng sounds like a cheap African or Indian motor cycle regardless it can still do a U turn. Mrs Milk snatcher must be spinning in her grave.

The phrase made reference to Thatcher's refusal to perform a "U-turn" in response to opposition to her liberalisation

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast